We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

your favorite VIM seafood dish

Flushing, New York
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
your favorite VIM seafood dish

my husband and I are heading to the VIM friday. I like seafood. I know it is subjective, but your opinion would help. I looked at the menus but would love your input

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
585 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: your favorite VIM seafood dish

All the fish dishes were awesome. A good selection of fish and shrimp at the lunch buffets.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: your favorite VIM seafood dish

There is a shrimp and scallop pizza at the Italian restaurant that I absolutely love.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: your favorite VIM seafood dish

I also loved the shrimp and scallop pizza from the Italian, the tequila shrimp appetizer at the Mexican is great and a fun little show as well (or used to be at least). We always ordered that as an appetizer and asked them to give us enough shrimp for the whole table...don't be shy! My personal favorite is the spicy chipotle shrimp that is on the room service menu, simple dish of grilled shrimp, steamed rice and veggies but the chipotle sauce on the shrimp is amazing & has a ton of flavor. I know the 1st two times we visited VIM you could order that dish on the a la carte menu at the Le Marche restaurant but on our last visit in 2012 Le Marche was 100% buffet.

And ditto what thesolking said, the Mar/Tierra buffet at lunch will grill you up some great fresh selections. I would always get some fresh veggies from the salad bar and have them grill those as well, so delicious!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
981 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: your favorite VIM seafood dish

If you like raw fish you have to eat at the sushi bar! Everything was very fresh and prepared well. We ate at the sushi bar 4 out of 7 nights! Service was amazing!

You can also get tuna steaks at the lunch buffet which was decent!

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: your favorite VIM seafood dish

Agree - the sushi is awesome at VIM.

6. Re: your favorite VIM seafood dish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto