We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rewards member at VIM ??

Collegeville...
Level Contributor
345 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Rewards member at VIM ??

I just finished reading Don E.'s review of the VIM and he finished by saying that before they had left they had become a "rewards member". Having been a few times, I've never heard of this.....anyone else ??? I didn't want to bother him with something that maybe was common knowledge, but I was sorta curious as we are returning in the spring.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,995 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rewards member at VIM ??

You can join up to become a "Family Member" and your stay will earn you points which you can use on future stays for room upgrades, free nights, spa services etc. I think I saw something on their Facebook page/wall about this so you might want to check there.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rewards member at VIM ??

Free nights can not be used during their busy season. I think they can be used June-November although even though they didn't tell me that Thanksgiving week was excluded, I am going to assume it is. I am not sure if points can be used for upgrades at anytime. I know they can be used for spa services year round.

Flushing, New York...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rewards member at VIM ??

the rewards program is not retroactive for previous stays. It can be used for room upgrades

Collegeville...
Level Contributor
345 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rewards member at VIM ??

Thanks for the info !! When did this start as it is the first I've heard of it ?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,995 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rewards member at VIM ??

2011 or early 2012 I believe. I know I got "credit" for my 2012 stay there.

Edited: 16 January 2014, 12:11
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rewards member at VIM ??

To get their fidelity card you have to stay at least 7 nights and be there when making the request. We got $10/day/person for a deluxe room (you get more for the other more expensive rooms) and you can redeem the points in VIM services : room upgrades, spa, lobster meal,etc.

Once you get home check your points online. We had to email 3 times to get our points on the card.

Collegeville...
Level Contributor
345 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rewards member at VIM ??

Thanks Beautiful (sorta sounds like a cheesy pick-up line). I'll make sure to do that during our stay.

8. Re: Rewards member at VIM ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto