We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scallops

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
407 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Scallops

Do they have Scallops at VIM and what other types of seafood do they have?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,841 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scallops

Yes, I've seen scallops at the VIM at various locations. They also have shrimp and tuna. I'm pretty sure I've seen salmon there too (it's not something I look for on vacation as I have easy access to BC salmon which is some of the best in the world). Lobster is available for an extra cost. They used to have king crab legs at the Seafood restaurant but I'm unsure if that's still on the menu.

If you like sushi/sashimi, don't miss the Ginger restaurant; it's definitely one of my fave places to eat at the VIM.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scallops

Llisa is bang on. We found the scallops smaller than usual but very tasty. Hubby had the Salmon, and the sea bass too. They used to have a sushi bar at Don Miguel's that was FANTASTIC for its vibe. We would go there most days, but I think they may have gotten rid of it. :(

Edited: 18 January 2014, 13:52
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
407 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scallops

Oh yea what about smoked salmon at breakfast last time they did not have any?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,841 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scallops

If you don't see smoked salmon on the breakfast buffet, ask one of the chefs/servers.

I had a hankering for blue cheese one day and it wasn't out; a polite request was all it took for the chef to bring some out from the back, just for little ol' me

Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scallops

I have the salmon for lunch several times when I'm at the VIM and it's amazing. Last year I had shrimp most days for lunch at the grill station in Mar y Tierra. They also had a mixed seafood selection.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scallops

The French restaurant had seared scallops and were very good.

7. Re: Scallops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto
Recent Conversations