We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin Imperial Maya

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Valentin Imperial Maya

We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya in April 2013. We loved this resort. I read somewhere on Tripadvisor that they do not have the band playing in the La Plaza area and they moved the band inside.. We just loved sitting out in the La Plaza and listening to the band. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Mattapoisett...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya

I questioned the resort about this and they said it was going to be at the Fuentes. Where and what is that? They said it was outside.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,809 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya

Fuentes = fountains.

I *think* they're going to move the band out to the front of the resort on that large terrace and fountain area outside whether most of the tour companies have desks.

IMHO, that will be a FANTASTIC venue! The Plaza can get a little crowded and seating can be an issue at time (and I go there during low season!). On one of my stays at the VIM, they did Mexican Fiesta night at this location and it was terrific.

Hopefully, someone who's been there recently can give us an update.... or you can try asking/check their Facebook page.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya

I agree with Llisa - I think this would be an excellent location for the evening band and dancing under the stars.

The only problem I see with this is the bar located near this area is not very open like the plaza bar where you are able to walk up from all four sides.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya

Low season too, late Sept. Usually have no problem getting a table in the Plaza. Speaking of the Plaza bar, after my first encounter with the bartender, he has my Johnny Walker Black ready before I even get there. I love these guys.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya

Well, look who has resurfaced...nice to see you DC.

Upcoming trip?

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya

Posted on a different thread, 19 Sept. That's why I resuraced.

7. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto
Recent Conversations