We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red flags at VIM

West Hartford...
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Red flags at VIM

I see a lot of posts talking about red flags at the beach at VIM. When the red flags are out, they arent going to stop you from swimming correct? It just means take extra precautions?

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red flags at VIM

Here's a thread on that from last summer:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g3198845-i27741-k6…

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red flags at VIM

When we were there, the red flags were out. Waves were a little on the rough side but, people still went out into the water and no one stopped us - a lot of people were in the water.

West Hartford...
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red flags at VIM

Great - thanks! Just wanted to make sure we could still swim.....

Flushing, New York...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red flags at VIM

the area to swim is roped. Enjoy the waves, rough at times, but fun!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
436 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red flags at VIM

There were red flags a lot when we were there, the waves were great!! Too much for my husband, but I loved it! They never didn't let us in, but their lifeguard(?) did ask us not to go out as far, and did have us move down the beach a bit when there seemed to be a riptide.

6. Re: Red flags at VIM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:27
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto