We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-mailing the VIM

Huntington, West...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
E-mailing the VIM

Two weeks ago I've emailed, or tried to VIM asking to check on our reservation in May we booked through expedia. Both times I emailed reservaciones@valentinmaya.com. I have yet to hear back. Is there a better emaila address? Should I try calling? Wasn't quite sure how to go about placing a call to Mexico. Any tips?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,997 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E-mailing the VIM

According to their webpage, that's the correct address.

Maybe try contacting them through their Facebook page?

Glens Falls, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: E-mailing the VIM

If you booked through Expedia, then the Valentin most likely will not actually have the reservation until about two weeks from your arrival date. At least that is what I have been told via a travel agent. They advised to contact them exactly two weeks prior with any special requests.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 22:59
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: E-mailing the VIM

I concur with post #2. As a matter of fact I think I may have read somewhere that they don't actually have your info. until a few day before but, I could be wrong.

Mattapoisett...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: E-mailing the VIM

I believe it says 2-3 weeks before you arrive they get your reservation (according to their facebook page)

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: E-mailing the VIM

That is correct. Depending on how it was booked, in this case Expedia - they do not get your names until a couple of weeks (in some cases a few days) prior to arrival. Just my two cents, use a travel agent next time. They can send your requests directly to the hotel and/or wholesaler. Also, any good agent/agency will be able to match or beat Expedia's pricing. The difference is there is a real human involved if you have an issue (before or during the trip).

Have a great trip. The Valentin is a beautiful property!

Jon/OnlyCancun.com

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: E-mailing the VIM

You're too early. My experience has shown that an e-mail 7 days prior gets answered as they have your info at that time.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
663 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: E-mailing the VIM

Hopefully I am not "too late" in giving you this info but I used : customercare@valentinmaya.com and received a response the same day

8. Re: E-mailing the VIM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto