We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun airport arrivals

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
657 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun airport arrivals

Do you pay a fee as you do in PC upon arriving?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
69 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun airport arrivals

If you are going thru a travel agent most of them the taxes or fees are paid with your vacation. We have never paid anything at Airport, but our fees have all ways been included in our trip.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
657 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun airport arrivals

Ok thanks, my TA never mentioned anything. It is several years (7) since we have been to Mexico and I can't remember if we pay at the airport. I DO remember the "shark tank" at the airport tho haha

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun airport arrivals

No fee upon arrival. Your tourist card fee is included in your airline ticket and is given to you to fill out on the plane.

Edited: 24 April 2014, 21:22
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
657 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun airport arrivals

Perfect, thx!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun airport arrivals

Not sure if the "sharks" are getting tamer, or if I am just used to them now, but the last couple trips we have made to the area it seems like the SHARK TANK is less populated, and they are no where near as aggressive as they used to be.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun airport arrivals

I agree totally hdave.....really no big deal and we've been through the airport many many times.

I believe it's the folks from the UK who have a fee and that is only if it isn't included in their fare.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
204 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun airport arrivals

Like other travelers mentioned your tourist card is included in the cost of your ticket. Keep the tourist card in your passport you will need to show it when you are leaving the country. Last i saw there was a $45 fee for those people who didn't have the card upon leaving Mexico. This fee may even be more now.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,717 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun airport arrivals

The fee seems to vary. At one point it was reportedly free. I have also seen around $25 USD or ~300 pesos.

Best to not lose it.

You can go to the window where it is replaced and sometimes see people having to get a new one.

9. Re: Cancun airport arrivals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto