We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIM question about pool

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
VIM question about pool

Hi heading there first time in couple weeks , was wondering if any pools were open at night , we love to have a quiet night swim when on vacation.

Also whta kind of stores or shops can we expect in playa del carmen , i heard every second or third shop is a shoe store is this true , and what kind of deals ? thank you.

I already know im gonna have the time of my life

Wonderful forum

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIM question about pool

The main pool at the VIM closes at 7 or 8 although the bars close at 5 so, there are hardly any people in the pool after 5:30. I think that applies to the 2 other pools also. There are not a lot of shoe stores in Playa. They are mostly the t-shirt, inexpensive jewelry, bric a brac, hat stores that you find in tourist places. Do a search on here for 5th Ave. shops and see what comes up.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
615 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIM question about pool

The shoe stores and such are expensive on 5th ave in Playa. If it's cheap it's a fake.

Texas
Level Contributor
779 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIM question about pool

In my experience, most resorts close the pools at night to treat and clean them.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIM question about pool

This is also the time the mosquitos come out to dine so it's not quite as fun or romantic as it sounds. Tried this at Palladium last year and had mosquitos buzzing our face the whole time.

Early morning might be a good trade off. Not sure about VIM but had the pool mostly to ourselves between 8-9am.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 02:14
Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIM question about pool

Yep, most places, if not all, close the pools so they can start cleaning and treating for the following day. Really, once the sun goes down - most people want to go back to their room and start getting ready for dinner and show and/or party time afterward. The pool will be there again the next day -- all clean, sparkling, and waiting! : )

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIM question about pool

ok thanks for the replies

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: VIM question about pool

We did not swim at night but we did visit the main pool late in the evening with a drink in hand and sat for awhile in the chairs that are in the pool. Very beautiful and serene.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VIM question about pool

We have travelled to many all-inclusives over the years and quite regularly go for a swim after supper. We have never been booted from the pool since we are quiet and discrete so that we do not disturb anyone. We have even had Security come up and talk to us but never kick us out of the pool. We will be at VIM for the 1st time at the end of July and have booked a swim-up suite so that we can have a peaceful, quiet dip in the evenings. I'm sure that the intent of the pool being closed is to keep the loud partiers contained and controlled in the evenings as well as for general safety purposes. Enjoy responsibly is my attitude!!!!!

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
362 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VIM question about pool

Don't swim after hours lol. This is when they shock the pool and dose it with chemicals.

It's for your safety, not to keep party people away lol.

Very foolish to swim in resort pools at night.

Giving horrible advice...

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VIM question about pool

Each to their own Dustin.

That is what is great about these forums. Everyone has an opinion or thinks they know better than everyone else.