We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bar and pool food

Tulsa
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach bar and pool food

This will be my 4th trip to VIM but I haven't been since July 2011. I've heard of some fun changes like a beach bar that has ice cream and that they have snacks or burgers by the pool? Is this true? What other new things since then?

Cave Diving in Mexico
Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
Flushing, New York...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach bar and pool food

Soft ice cream machine at the beach.

snacks and burgers and hot dogs eetc at the main pool by the towel hut

Collegeville...
Level Contributor
345 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach bar and pool food

"What OTHER new things since then" ????

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach bar and pool food

Tom,

The question also asked "Is this true?" I think that is what Igal was responding to.

Mrsteague,

You didn't say exactly when you are going. I don't think food is offered at lunch around the pool during low occupancy. Be careful. One day the burgers were dangerously under cooked. As far as other changes-they came around the pool everyday with fruit kabobs, room service arrived at our room 2 afternoons with treats-cheese cake one day and chocolates another. They might do that every day but, we often have the do not disturb sign up. They have mini appetizers at the restaurants that they bring you in addition to what you ordered-they are 1 or 2 bites. They also have little treats in the waiting areas of all restaurants in case you need to wait and don't want to wait in the plaza One thing I did notice as far as pricing. I am keeping an eye on next years prices and they are currently $400-$500 more per person and it is not the airfare. I sincerely hope their little changes haven't added that much to the cost.

Darlene

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach bar and pool food

I should have mentioned that price difference is for 9 nights.

West Melbourne...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach bar and pool food

We Just got back yesterday and they had food grilling at the pools during lunch, and I also heard that they will be raising prices next year as well

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach bar and pool food

Prices are always going up.when you see a deal you have to snag it.

You snooze you loose!

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach bar and pool food

So for the poolside grill, is there an actual place set up to sit and eat, or do you just take the food back to your lounger at the pool or beach?

Texas
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach bar and pool food

GH816-behind each of the two swim-up bars there are several dining tables and chairs. Prior to them adding the pool bbq they were rarely used but now they seem to be used more...or at least were on our last trip there in 2012.

New York
Level Contributor
289 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach bar and pool food

FYI-Hotwire has Valentin as one of their "secret" resorts. When I checked for February it was $303/night. That's a pretty good deal. We just booked Secrets Capri on there for $318/night. Just a heads up.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach bar and pool food

thanks KelliandDoug - so are the tables and chairs out in the open, or is there any shade over them?

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto
Recent Conversations