We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,309 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

As the title suggests, I'll be headed off to the VIM soon, so if there's anything specific you want me to check on/enquire about for you, please let me know and I'll do my best to come back with some answers.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

I got the rate using the CheapTickets mobile app for Apple. There is a big difference in pricing between a web browser and the app. I believe a $400 difference for 8 nights.

Feura Bush, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

Yes it is regular wifi and works great in the rooms.

London, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

What's the wifi like outside the rooms , around the resort ?

Edited: 21 June 2014, 08:34
Feura Bush, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

Spotty. Works in some of the restaurants, not on the beach, haven't tried at the pool. They say there is wifi in the lobby and rooms which I would say is accurate. Wifi also works great on the balcony of our room.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

Wifi works very well around the main pool. Can't speak for the golden pool.

Maastricht
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

Nothing to check but if you can say hi from us to Rafael from the entertainment team that would be great! We did not get a chance to say goodbye to him and he is a lovely lovely guy and so funny, ee had some great talks with him, just tell him its from his dutch future brother in law and girlfriend 😉

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

Could you please recommend the quietest building in the evenings? It seems like the resort is large enough to find a room/building away from any noise that can be heard from the entertainment, music, bars, etc., for our trip in Nov. We're very early risers, early to bed people. We're not old fuddy duddys, I swear! Lol! .....just annoyingly light sleepers :( Emerald rooms are not an option. Too pricey IMHO. I was thinking Golden buildings might be quietest?

Thanks! Have a wonderful trip!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

There is a slight chance that you will hear music while in the silvers. I think I read that somewhere. I am 90% sure that you won't hear any evening noise from any other buildings. We were in building 3 which is close to Le Marche but, they close for dinner and we didn't get any noise from The Hacienda. You certainly can't hear the music. When we were in an emerald we thought we might hear the Sat. beach party but, we didn't. I think Mar y Tiera blocks that noise. I don't think it is a noisy evening resort and I have been there 6 times. I am asleep by 10:30 at the latest.

Flushing, New York...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

We have always stayed in building 7, goldeen 3rd floor. Very quiet, peaceful, and serene.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Upcoming trip to VIM; anything you want me to check for you?

Would you be able to scan and post the daily journals once you return? Gracias.

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto