We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

valentin imperial rates

merrill,wi
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
valentin imperial rates

am looking at VIM in January out of Minneapolis for two weeks----what would be a good rate? right now lowest on line for 2 people 2 weeks is about $5400...for both of us....

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,001 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: valentin imperial rates

I have no idea what airfare from Minneapolis costs and, I suspect, neither do many other posters, which makes it difficult to answer your question. If you could separate out the airfare and tell us your nightly rate at the VIM, you may get better responses.

That said, January is high season, so I would easily expect to pay $350/night, possibly a lot more (for two people).

Edited: 04 July 2014, 16:44
2. Re: valentin imperial rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 16:54
Edited: 04 July 2014, 16:54
merrill,wi
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: valentin imperial rates

$5400 is an all inclusive price with airfare included...for 2 people ...for 2 weeks....

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: valentin imperial rates

I'd go for it. Just responded to your message, and we paid almost that for 10 days this past February. Well worth it, in my opinion. Nice place, friendly staff/great service, good food, and decent drinks. Probably our favorite resort so far, although a splurge for us. We'll go back again, for special trips.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,001 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: valentin imperial rates

jj - if you can figure out the cost of the FLIGHT from Minneapolis to Cancun, then subtract that from $5400 and then divide that by 14, that will tell you how much you're paying for the VIM per night.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: valentin imperial rates

It actually sounds like a very good deal.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: valentin imperial rates

I found a non stop for $600 per person

$5400-$1200=$4200divided by 14=300. $150 per person per night is a great rate for Jan.

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: valentin imperial rates

I'm not familiar with the rates in January, but we got 9 nites, a direct flight from SFO to CUN, and the round trip transfers for $3100 in a silver suite. Based on what I've have read and quoted myself, that is a pretty decent price. If its in your best interest, you can try and take advantage of a credit card that pays back points. mine paid back $500 netting me a vacation cost of $2600 for 9 nites in early October. That's my 2 cents worth.

9. Re: valentin imperial rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto