We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar Drinks

Independence...
3 posts
Save Topic
Bar Drinks

What are the best alcoholic drinks you had while at Valentin Imperial Maya? All places have their special drink everyone seems to get. What is it at this resort? Anyone?

Cave Diving in Mexico
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Other Outdoor Activities, Scuba & Snorkeling, Water Sports
Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar Drinks

Kelly, I haven't been to VIM yet, however someone was nice enough to compose this thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1229340-i12413-k7…

Saint Peters...
Level Contributor
732 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar Drinks

I have never personally stayed at this resort, however if you're looking for the best bar drinks...IMO...take a day trip to Cozumel and try Wet Wendy's. You'll never look at frozen drinks the same way again....I promise you that. They have margaritas that you'd never think of. Chocolate Peanut Butter....I know, I know...sounds nasty...but it tastes like you're drinking a peanut butter cup. They also have about every single fruit flavor and combination you can thing of...and each one is better than the last. The owner is an American, and wont pay cab drivers for referrals, so they all pretend like they don't know where it is, or have never heard about it. But it's simple to get too. Once you get off the ferry pier, keep walking straight until you get to the 7-11...about a block. Make a left, and go down 1/2 block and they're on the right. Awesome place, with awesome people...worth the trip for sure.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar Drinks

I start the day with a red eye (ojo rojo) super spicey bloody mary mix with beer, Iceberg-beer in the bottom of a hurricane glass topped with a frozen margarita (watch out for those they will hit you hard), Tequila shots in the late afternoon and Johnny Walker Black at night while listening to the Imperial Band. My wife drinks, dirty monkeys, mud slides, mango margaritas and some other frozen drinksI have no knowledge of. Ask a guest what they are drinking if it looks interesting.

Feura Bush, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar Drinks

We really enjoyed the Mojitos at the beach bar. The dirty monkeys were good and really strong.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar Drinks

A question for Don Carlos--Do you remember any of your trips to VIM:)

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar Drinks

Yes I do, believe it or not! I love my AI Mexican vacations. I also helps in remembering to take lots of pictures.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
665 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar Drinks

Veronica at the beach bar does make a pretty mean Mojito!!

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar Drinks

Veronica is my favorite bartender.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
77 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bar Drinks

Chocolate peanut butter margaritas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I am making a special trip to Cozumel just to go to this bar!!!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
77 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bar Drinks

Chocolate peanut butter margaritas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I am making a special trip to Cozumel just to go to this bar!!!

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto