We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions Valentin

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Questions Valentin

How far is the Valentin from the main road. Can you take a collectivo into Playa from the Valentin? If not how much would a taxi be?

Do they have a shuttle into Playa?

Thanks for your help.

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions Valentin

The front entrance of the Valentin is about a 12 minute walk to the highway. We walked it once during our most recent stay last month and then asked for one of the bellboys to shuttle us up to the main gate second time around.

I took a collective a couple of times during my last stay there. Each time was NO waiting at the side of the road. (okay - less than a minute each time) it was 20 pesos per person and took about 20 to 25 minutes to get into Playa del Carmen. Both times the Collectivo was large, clean and air conditioned.

Taxi was $25 US each way.

The resort does have a daily shuttle into Playa through another company, They take you in at a set time and bring you back. I think it was $18 US pp round trip. I much preferred the Collectivos for price point and ease of having your own schedule.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 05:04
Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions Valentin

Victoria: where does the collectivo drop you off in PDC?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,282 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions Valentin

From the front desk to the front gate is about one milee; it's all paved and landscaped and it's a lovely walk.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions Valentin

Thanks for your quick replies. Looks like there will be quite a few people in Sept. We are excited about trying this resort .

Flushing, New York...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions Valentin

They will shuttle you to the main gate. I don't recall the street they drop you off, but it is only 2 blocks from 5th ave.

You should also consider a colectivo to puerto morelos. It is on of the last quaint fishing villages on the riviera maya. It is 15 pesos to the stop, then there are plenty of taxis to take you into town (25pesos). Lots of great inexpensive restaurants and cafes for lunch, like tacos.com

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions Valentin

Hey Texas, Igal is right, they drop you off fairly close to 5th - within 3 blocks at the southern end of 5th Ave.

20th Ave and Calle 2nd is where the Collectivo Vans come and go. When you are ready to come back give them your destination (resort or town) and someone will point you in the right direction, they are very efficient. Also, you may already know, but you are not obliged to stay on the Van until you get to the staging area. You may request to be dropped off earlier and if it is convenient and safe he will let you out.

And they like to receive payment as you exit the Van.

7. Re: Questions Valentin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto