We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIM October anyone?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
VIM October anyone?

Hello all! My boyfriend and I are going with another couple friend of ours October 7-13, 2014. Anyone else going in that time frame? We are booked for a Silver Junior Suite.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: VIM October anyone?

We are going 10/24-31...look forward to reading your review :)

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
125 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIM October anyone?

October 25- November 3rd.. Halloween and day of the dead here we come.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIM October anyone?

We will be there October 4 - 11 with another couple....this will be our third visit (2nd this year). We will also be in the Silver Suites Building....love this area...We are from Wisconsin and we signed up for the loyalty program during out last visit, so we will see what type of upgrade they will give us....love this place

New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIM October anyone?

Awesome! Looking forward to my visit and I will be sure to post a review as soon as possible upon my return.

Vacations4ever- we are from Jersey. Glad to hear this is your 3rd visit! - I'm assuming you had a good experience at the VIM then? What do you think of the Silver suites - have you stayed in them before? Do you think and upgrade might be worth it upon arrival?

wilmington nc
Level Contributor
915 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIM October anyone?

Hi we are going also October 7 - 13 cu there Diane

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIM October anyone?

We love the location of the Silver Suites....close to pool, main plaza area, not that far of a walk to beach. quiet area also. We are going to see what upgrades we are offered based on being in the loyalty program. We did see a swim up Golden Suites Room last year and thought it was nice but we do not like being on the first floor. I like being on the top floor so no noice above me. We figure that we are not in the room that much since we are out by the pool most of the day, come back to the room for a quick nap and to get ready for the evening and just come back later in the evening to sleep. You are going to enjoy this resort....some of the staff at the beach restaurant remember us from previous visits. We walked into the beach restaurant this past April and Gilberto (the waiter we enjoy) says welcome back Wisconsin, which we thought was pretty special. My husband was known as the Mayor of the Main Pool, he will talk with everyone. We are bringing a couple along with us this time to let them experience this resort.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
113 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIM October anyone?

Cannot wait, Oct. 6th to 12th...counting the days!!

Just keeping an eye out for those hurricanes which have started brewing over on the east coast.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VIM October anyone?

LoL "Wisconsin", that's cute, and nice that they remembered! I think my boyfriend would get along with your husband then, because he can be considered a "mayor" as well, haha. I would love to meet you while we are down there.

Diane and Kemss - would love to meet up with you as well and see how you are liking things so far. Maybe we'll meet up at the pool bar or beach one day! I'll have to change my profile pic so you can see what I look like.

Delaware
Level Contributor
371 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VIM October anyone?

We'll be there from 10/19-10/24 for our 5th visit (just got back 3 weeks ago!) Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: VIM October anyone?

We will be at the VIM October 1st-11th, celebrating our 32nd Anniversary. We have been to Mexico several times and have never stayed at the same resort twice. The last time we were in Mexico, two years ago, we stayed at Secrets Moroma Beach, which we loved! Our travel agent suggested The Vim for something different, hope we like it. We are in need of a much deserved vacation, we are so looking forward to it. Maybe we will find our home! We are also from Wisconsin.....Go Pack!!!

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto