We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety of Hotel

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Safety of Hotel

Is the Best Western Galleria on US Highway 64 in Memphis a safe place to stay?

2 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety of Hotel

Reviews here on TA ( tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS ) are pretty bad regarding the quality of the property, service, etc. Pretty sure this is the BW that's tucked into the interchange between I-40 and I-55 -- right on the freeway, and like everything else in West Memphis, immediately next to a huge truck stop. It's just across the freeway from Southland Park, the greyhound racing track. If it is the one I'm thinking of, then at least it does have interior hallways instead of rooms that open directly onto the outdoors. There are many worse areas around Memphis, but any place at a major freeway interchange like that with a huge volume of highly transient guests is going to have a certain number of folks you probably wouldn't want to meet up with socially. If you're at all skittish or nervous, there are other areas in the general vicinity that might be a better choice, depending on your route and budget. The southeastern side of Memphis along Bill Morris Parkway (actually the eastern part of Germantown, in the Hack's Cross/Southwind area), or out toward Collierville, would be one area to check on if you're going east/west, or the Southaven area just across the Mississippi state line if you're heading north/south on I-55, or the Olive Branch, MS, area on US 78. You should be able to find something in a price range comparable to the West Memphis options in those areas, though you may have to look a bit.

Edited: 17 November 2011, 03:38
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety of Hotel

Thank you so much, you've been very helpful. I think the Southhaven area will work or we might even drive a little further and use Germantown.

Reply to: Safety of Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about West Memphis