We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe Area of West Memphis ?

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Safe Area of West Memphis ?

Considering staying in West Memphis for 2 nights to save costs on the accommodation options in downtown Memphis.

Is West Memphis area safe. I will be driving, would most cars be safe to park at night?

Also i find this area much closer to downtown Memphis commuting vs elsewhere i was thinking of stay at.

Would there be much troubles and any recommendations of best price of accommodation for West Memphis?

thanks

2 replies to this topic
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe Area of West Memphis ?

Whether West Memphis is safer than downtown Memphis might get different answers from different people. West Memphis accommodations are basically a string of motels which face one of the busiest and most truck-jammed expressways in the country. Most of the motels have exterior corridors and room entrances. It is hard to locate food service beyond your basic low-end chains. If I were planning to commute into downtown Memphis, I would probably opt to commute from East Memphis instead of West Memphis. There, you can find some degree of quiet, a wide variety of pleasant hotels, and many restaurants to choose from in all varieties and price ranges.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe Area of West Memphis ?

Sorry, but I disagree a little. There's a VERY nice, newer Comfort Suites in West Memphis that sits along the interstate but we haven't noticed truck noise inside. Yes, other motels are old but this one is great and very reasonable compared to Memphis lodging. I believe all rooms are suites. It's a close commute to downtown, we use I-55 and once you cross the bridge into TN go straight (Crump Blvd) where I-55 turns to the right. You'll then make a left turn to head downtown. We've never had anyone bother our vehicle. In fact, we'll be staying there again in just over a week.

However, not much selection for restaurants in West Memphis, certainly not near this hotel. The hotel staff can direct you if you don't eat in Memphis.

comfortsuites.com/hotel-west_memphis-arkansa…

Edited: 21 September 2013, 15:41
Reply to: Safe Area of West Memphis ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about West Memphis