We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will planes be a problem?

Which Kastel Stari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northants
Level Contributor
48 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Will planes be a problem?

It seems I have been searching forever for my perfect apartment by the sea in Croatia, to sleep 4 people, with a BBQ and balcony with sea view, all for under £1000 for 14 nights (in August 2014). I have finally found a property that I like the look of ticks all of my boxes, but I have now seen how close the airport is at Split. Sorry I don't mind looking at planes but don't enjoy flying so don't know a lot about airports would it be busy and are they 24 hours? don't fancy being woken at 3am by a plane overhead.

Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will planes be a problem?

all I can say is that is a very busy airport in August and also it is quite a long distance from Split if that makes any difference. I would not want to locate near an airport for my holiday.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will planes be a problem?

One reason I would avoid Kaštela is that the bathing water quality tends to be worse than many places in Croatia.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,347 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will planes be a problem?

Our first trip to Croatia we stayed at a nice apartment with a private beach but it was directly under the flight path (Kaštela). We obviously did not do our research. Never, ever again! It was just awful.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will planes be a problem?

the address of the airport is Kaštel Štafilić - which is the first of the kastela villages - if you are at the other end - nearer Split in Gomilica or Kambelovac you would no closer than Trogir which is fine - you see the planes but you don't suffer from them. During the week the first flight out is around 06:15 but I am aware that there are planes up to around midnight at the weekends in the season. How close is it - Trogir is about 5 km away?

northants
Level Contributor
48 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will planes be a problem?

There is one on the beach at Kastel Stari and another at Seget Donji.

northants
Level Contributor
48 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will planes be a problem?

Looks like I am back to square one, because one of the properties I had short listed I think is in the wrong area and too noisy and the other is up for sale!!

Reply to: Will planes be a problem?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kastel Stari
Recent Conversations