We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating in Bakersfield

Which Bakersfield hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Eating in Bakersfield

I have heard that there are many Basque restaurants in Bakersfield. Which one is the best?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
180 posts
663 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating in Bakersfield

I alway eat at Buck Owen's place when in Bakersfield so don't know about the Basque scene. But I found this discussion that is pretty interesting and may give you some good ideas.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/340247

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,428 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating in Bakersfield

Hands down: Woolgrower's!!

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating in Bakersfield

I ate at Woolgrowers last spring in Bakersfield and was mildly disappointed. I grew up in that area and was expecting the delicious food I remembered but it was pretty ordinary tasting. It was family style the night I was there. Tongue was good, soup was OK, salad had too much dressing, chicken tasted like Denny's. Maybe there are some other Basque restaurants that would be better?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating in Bakersfield

washaw said "I alway eat at Buck Owen's place"

After numerous attempts over several years, we finally managed to get there early enough to have dinner at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace. Although we enjoyed our visit, we weren't impressed by the food or service. Doesn't mean we won't return, though.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,428 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating in Bakersfield

I've heard rave reviews for Benji's Basque in Rosedale, but have not been there. Sadly, Maitia's closed recently under new ownership.

Ca
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating in Bakersfield

Woolgrowers was for years the best, but I also was disappointed the last time there. I would go to Benji's a little mor expensive but worth it

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating in Bakersfield

Benji's on Rosedale Hwy is our favorite, with Woolgrowers as a 2nd favorite. Frankly I haven't been to Woolgrowers in while because I just don't like that part of town at night.

8. Re: Eating in Bakersfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 15:20