We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berkeley for two months, one without family

Which Berkeley hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Rico
2 posts
Save Topic
Berkeley for two months, one without family

I am going to Univ of Berkeley from mid May until the end of July. I am trying to find a cheep place to stay until my family arrives in July. My wife and two boys 12 and 14, are planning all the fun for them, since I will be studying during the summer. I will have to find something more comfortable once they arrive, close to the University. I heard not to trust Craig list or other sites because I could not see the places until my arrival. Any suggestions?

Mill Valley/Marin...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Berkeley for two months, one without family

Contact the University, or check the University online. There are lots of places to live when school is out, and the University will probably know where. I just took a quick look and saw that "International House" and "Summer Visitor Housing" have availability this upcoming summer.

There might also be graduate student housing (that is geared to families) that could be sublet in the summer. Ask the University for details.

The other place where people look, but I don't have personal experience is: "VRBO - Vacation Rentals By Owner." If you find something that looks good, you can ask us about the location of a specific unit.

2. Re: Berkeley for two months, one without family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 10:17