We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best of Beverly Hills for a day

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Best of Beverly Hills for a day

What can the BH experts recommend for the best things to do and see for one day in Beverly Hills? We are a family of 5, our kids are 10, 7 and 4. We spent a day in hollywood last year, so don't want to go back this time, we thought this time, Belverly Hills! Perhaps some shopping, lunch and a tour? What are your suggestions? Also, I'd love to get my haircut later in the day while my kids play in the pool wit their dad - best hair salon to do so?

Thanks.

Rodeo Drive
Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Two Rodeo Drive
Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Only in Beverly Hills
Gift & Speciality Shops
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,982 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best of Beverly Hills for a day

There's not much for kids to do in Beverly HIlls, sorry to tell you. It's all shopping, and I can't imagine the kids enjoying going from shop to shop. I also don't recommend a tour with kids, the bus tour of celebrity homes will show you mostly gates and hedges, and kids will get restless after about two homes.

Take them to Santa Monica, play on the pier, go on the rides, visit the little aquarium, rent bikes and bike the beach path.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best of Beverly Hills for a day

Your kids might enjoy the Paley Center, which is a television museum, though might be too much for your 4 year old.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best of Beverly Hills for a day

What about Universal Studios, or Warner Bros studio tour... they may enjoy that. Lots of television shows are filmed at Warner.

Santa Monica with the pier is a good idea too, which yogochick has already mentioned.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best of Beverly Hills for a day

Here's a couple of links...

www.santamonicapier.org

www.vipstudiotour.warnerbros.com

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,982 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best of Beverly Hills for a day

Four is way too young for Universal, and Warners has an age limit.

Skip BH, go to SM.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best of Beverly Hills for a day

Thanks everyone, I think we'll drive through Beverly Hills and spend the rest of the day on the beach in SM.

Worcester, UK
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best of Beverly Hills for a day

On our first trip to LA last Summer we stopped in Beverly Hills for about an hour on our way to Santa Monica. That gave us enough time to walk up Rodeo Drive, see the outside of the Beverly Wilshire (made famous by Pretty Woman) have our photos taken in front of the Beverly Hills sign, and venture a short way up some of the palm tree-lined streets off Santa Monica Boulevard. Satisfied that we'd seen enough of Beverly Hills that we wanted to, we continued to Santa Monica and spent the rest of the day there.

8. Re: Best of Beverly Hills for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 10:18