We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help deciding between 2 hotels

Boston...
Level Contributor
216 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need help deciding between 2 hotels

I got a great travel agent rate at the Omni in Los Angeles 49.00 per night for 2 nights. I understand that this is in the financial district. But I have a car and was going to do a 5hour tour of Bev Hills, Chinese Theater, Hollywood sign. ETC. So i thought this would work out, since they pick you up at your hotel.

BUT.....I have a 16year old daughter and I could get a rate at the Hilton Beverly Hills of 184.00. Thinking that she would love to be here instead.

But then again we are only there for 2 nights

Would we be much happier with the Hilton. I am thinking I should just bite the bullet.

It sounds like we could just jump in the car ride down to Santa Monica Pier..................what do you guys think?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
23,265 posts
5,360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help deciding between 2 hotels

Omni at 49.00 per night - book it!

We've stayed there and its a great stay!

You've got a terrific price!

Its very easy to get to the freeways and to go to any of the places you''re thinking of visiting.

And for 134.00 delta, you can have quite a nice day exploring!

Boston...
Level Contributor
216 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help deciding between 2 hotels

Someone else posted that the Omni was close to Highway. I am double booked at the Hilton and Omni, trying to decide. I was going to the Hilton. But, now, since I am close to highway and I have a car, I think you are right. If Omni is as nice as everyone say's it is, I should stay there and use the extra 135.00(more with tax)per day and use that for spending money.

Great point. Thank you very much.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help deciding between 2 hotels

But, as we pointed out in your other thread - the Omni is not a good choice with a teenager. You're in downtown Los Angeles - rather than the center of Beverly Hills/LA.

At the Hilton, you can walk to shops and restaurants. Not true of the Omni. At the Hilton, you can laze around the pool, walk to Century City Mall (great for your daughter) - there's nothing like that downtown. She won't like it at the Omni - how much money is it worth saving, staying at a hotel where she's unhappy?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help deciding between 2 hotels

I have two teens--stay in Beverly Hills--do NOT stay downtown!

Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help deciding between 2 hotels

Stay @ Hilton....HANDS DOWN for location.

With downtown traffic, you definetly want to stay in BH.

6. Re: Need help deciding between 2 hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 11:18
Get answers to your questions about Beverly Hills