We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Academy Awards Weekend 2014

Fresno, California
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for Academy Awards Weekend 2014

My friend and I are going to LA over the Academy Awards weekend, March 1-3rd 2014. We would like to find a fun Hotel that is around $200 per night, that isn't too far from where all the action is. I'm pretty sure the show is at the old Kodak theater, but not sure what part of town that is in. It would be a bonus if the hotel had a viewing party as well. Help please! We need to get reservations pretty quick since that is going to be a very busy weekend.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
26,659 posts
5,781 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Academy Awards Weekend 2014

Here is what was open to the public in 2013....

…about.com/od/…OscarEvents.htm

Have not yet seen a similar posting for 2014

Edited: 16 December 2013, 06:59
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Academy Awards Weekend 2014

Yes, the Academy Awards will be held in the Dolby Theater (new name for the former Kodak Theater) in the Hollywood and Highland Shoppertainment Mall. I would start with the Orchid Suites and Magic Castle Hotel for places to stay.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32655-zfn4-Los_Angel…

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,404 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Academy Awards Weekend 2014

$200 a night won't get you a hotel with much going on in terms of the Academy Awards. The hotels that will be buzzing are the Loew's, W Hotel Hollywood, the Roosevelt and the Redbury. If you really want to experience the feel of that weekend I'd price out those hotels and take what is available.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,094 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Academy Awards Weekend 2014

Your budget is very low for the happening hotels like Roosevelt, Redbury, and W - but that's where to look to stay.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,067 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for Academy Awards Weekend 2014

Here's a cartoon map of the metro area which will help you to get oriented. CENTRAL Beverly Hills, is not near CENTRAL Hollywood (about a 25 minute ride away) and has little to do with the movie industry (except for the fact that some Hollywood VIPs live there). The downtown section of BEVERLY HILLS has more to do with expensive shopping than with movies and the neighborhood is very sleep in the evenings.

…flickr.com/2695/4304287666_3f60e03695_o.jpg

Dryden, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for Academy Awards Weekend 2014

what is academy awards?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for Academy Awards Weekend 2014

The Academy Awards are also known as the Oscars, one of the main groups that hands out awards for movie making, it is happening this weekend at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Awards

guadalajara
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for Academy Awards Weekend 2014

If the event us held at the kodak theater on hollywood blvd. I would stay at the roosevelt hotel, its an old hotel but walking distance and it has a popular club and pool parties.

9. Re: Hotel for Academy Awards Weekend 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 07:15