We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport & motocross shops

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Public transport & motocross shops

We're going to La in a few weeks & staying at Beverly Hills, any ideas on what sort of public transport eg buses are available to get us to Thousand Oaks? We'd also like to go to some motocross shops in the area of Beverly Hills if anyone knows where some good ones are? Thanks :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,500 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport & motocross shops

Two very difficult questions.....

Where exactly in Thousands Oaks and what kind of motocross gear? When I think of motocross stores I think of the Inland Empire area more than LA.

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport & motocross shops

The store is called "BTO Sports" & their address is 77 Duesenberg Drive, unit C Thousand Oaks CA 91362-3418

They sell motocross gear such as dirtbike helmets, boots, goggles, race gear ect for motocross/Supercross riders & racers.

We were hoping to rely on public transport while holidaying from Australia but maybe not as it seems it may be too far from where we're staying. Some other shops of interest to us are

• Chapparal motorsports - which is in Sanbernardino.

• Langston motorsports at Sun City

Temecula motorsports at Murrieta

I think some of these may be in the opposite direction to the one in Thousand Oaks & I think bus transport is looking rather impossible.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,143 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport & motocross shops

Whoa, everywhere you want to go is an hour or so away from Los Angeles by car. There is no public transportation option.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,500 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport & motocross shops

>>> I think bus transport is looking rather impossible<<<

Quite impossible....... these locations are 1 to 2 hours from Los Angeles and even further from each other.

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport & motocross shops

Thanks for all replies, we are most definitely going to look into hiring a car, even for just 1 day. Must admit we are a little apprehensive about driving on the opposite side of the road!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,500 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport & motocross shops

If you go to the Orange County Forum (link below) there is a Top Question, "FAQ: Yanks drive on the wrong side of the road, can I adjust to that?", that might be helpful.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g659482-i12177-Ora…

7. Re: Public transport & motocross shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:17