We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coolcabins.com

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
425 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Coolcabins.com

DO NOT USE THEM! We booked through them for last weekend for my birthday. They told us to come up earlier cause the owners would be checking out early. We drove up there around 9 and had breakfast. We drive to the cabin cause they said it was ready it wasn't not. The people had not checked out and there stuff was everwhere. We called the company and said we'll call the people staying there. We decided to do some sledding then called again at 2. The lady at Cool Cabins said they were checked out and it was cleaned for us. We go back to the cabin and stuff is still all over the place. We call back and they said that check in isn't until 4 even after they told us to come up early and that it was ready TWICE! We then go get lunch and come back at 345 to the cabin and the people there are just pulling up to pack up. It still has to be cleaned. We called and said we were leaving and wanted a refund. She said she would compensate us $20. That isn't much considering its $300 a night! She didn't want to give us our money back even after it was 4. We had to put a stop payment to the credit card charge cause she wouldn't refund us.

Lake Forest, CA
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Coolcabins.com

I agree with OC Brittany...we arrived to find the cabin we rented not at all what I seen in the pictures. They really need to show the full cabin like the bathrooms...YUCK!!! We walked in and it smelled, the carpet looked nasty, the linens & towels smelled and looked nasty.There was no place to put our things/clothes as all of the drawers were either broken or so old you could open them.

I couldn't relax in this cabin at all. They really need to fire the cleaning people because it wasn't cleaned! We needed to clean the place up before we could even sit down. The downstairs bathroom ceiling was leaking & falling down. It was so gross! The yard had debris in it like gutters & old curtain rods and such. They tell you to pick up after yourself when you leave because you are probably cleaning the place for the next renters. I know that we left the cabin CLEANER than when we arrived. Also, my husband called and asked if we left earlier could we get some sort of a refund and of course NOT! They don't do that at COOL CABINS but of course you have to follow their strict little rules!!! Of course they will help you out for a FEE$$$$. This was TERRIBLE. I wished I would have read OCBrittany's email before as I would not have gone.

Irvine, CA
Level Contributor
256 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coolcabins.com

We rented a 4 bedroom home from bigbearcoolcabins.com over Memorial Day weekend and we had a very good experience. The home was called Mountain Sky. If you get on their website, you can see the photos. We had no problem with the home; everything was very clean and the home was top notch. It showed pride of ownership. I can't say what the other homes are like, but this one was a sure winner.

Las Vegas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coolcabins.com

NEVER USE BIG BEAR COOL CABINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our group of four families rented the Ivy Bear Grand from July 19-21, 2007. What a dump!!! We paid $1,000 a night for this house that should have been condemed. The pictures on the website are very misleading. I believe the pictures were taken 15 years ago. The house is incredible run down and has not had any maintenance in at least 15 years. The house is a health hazard and should never be rented!!!! Paint was peeling on the outside, no lawn leading up to the lake, only dirt and over grown shrubs. The drop off from the backyard to the lake was very dangerous with railroad ties holding it together. The dock had pieces falling apart. The inside of the house was dirty when we arrived. The screens on all the windows were either falling off, had holes or were just plain missing. We found broken screen doors on the porches. Some of the screen doors did not close. Big piles of pigeon poop were on the porches. Kitchens had ants and ants were crawling on one of the beds in the smaller cabin on the property. Imagine waking up to ants crawling on you in the morning!!!!! The couches sagged inward, chairs were missing legs. Kitchen appliances were from the early 1970's. Refrigerators did not keep cool, garbage disposal backed up, pots and pans were rusty, no dish towels. Coffee pots had mismatched pieces and the coffee ran all over the counters. Floors in kitchen and entire house were filthy. Bathrooms were a joke! Toilets had brown rings inside. Tubs had soap scum, shower tile was falling apart, shower heads were either broken or water sprayed everywhere. Shower doors leaked. Brown water came out of the showers and the water temperature in the showers and faucets throughout the house was scalding hot...... Bathroom doors did not lock. Bedrooms had uncomfortable beds and junk for furniture. Light fixtures were either burned out or did not work in many of the fixtures including stairwells. Clothes dryer did not work properly. The website mentions many working TV with DVD players. Only (1) TV worked, we found others off the stands laying on the ground broken. The guest house on the property did not have the water turned on when we arrived. Had to call maintenance to come out and turn on the water. Ceilings in the guest house were so low, it was like living in a submarine. Decor in the small cabin was from the 1940's to 1950's at best! Small cabin had a stair case that was blocked off that said, "Keep Out, Owners Use", made you wonder what was in there????? Just before checking out, we dropped off a list of 32 things wrong with the cabin to Cool Cabins. Were were told the customer service manager, Robert would get back with us by the next day. Haven't heard back from him as of yet. To sum it up, please don't rent from this agency. Cool Cabins should never rent properties like this one out to the general public..........

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coolcabins.com

After I booked our cabin through Big Bear Cool Cabins, I read the previous reviews and got worried. But my experience was exactly the opposite. My boyfriend and I stayed in Lucky Lodge for the weekend, and it was everything we wanted and more! A cute red and white cottage with white picket fence, outdoor hot tub for two (which was heated and ready when we arrived!) fully stocked kitchen, beautiful furnishings (the sofas were new leather), and you could tell that the place was decorated with love. Everything had a country theme -- but not in a cheesy way. We were even charmed by the bear rug on the wall, though others may not agree. Everything was clean and welcoming. I highly reccommend Lucky Lodge for your stay, if the party is only 2-4 people. We found it to be very romantic and peaceful!

Valencia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Coolcabins.com

Cool Cabins Suck!!!!

We Rented Pine Court Manor. The House had numerous Broken appliances Dirty Kitchen with ants Dirty outdoor furniture.

And there no cancellation policy is terrible We booked 6 month in advance something came up the day we had to leave I called a month and half early and nothing can be done So we rushed around the country so we could use the house for 3 of the 6 days

I will stick with going to Mammoth Mountain

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coolcabins.com

We're soooo sorry that you weren't totally satisfied with your stay. Please, please call or email me directly at alisa@bigbearcoolcabins.com. We'll make sure that you get a great discount and total upgrade on your next stay, whatever it takes to have a happy client - that's what matters to us. Please give us another chance. Sorry again for any issues that were a bother to you and your family during your vacation time.

Valencia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coolcabins.com

ITS TOO LATE! I went into the office got no help I emailed and received no response. It wasnt until I went to the Better Business Bureau that I finally received a response and the best that could be done was 15% off a future stay that is not acceptable With a no cancellation policy I cannot take a chance that something might come up and I have no choice but to cancel Not to mention take a chance that I receive bad service again.

ANYONE WITH A COMPLAINT PLEASE GO TO THE

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND LEAVE A BAD MARK FOR COOL CABINS.

newport beach, ca
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Coolcabins.com

We have stayed in Logey Lakefront many times and have nothing but good things to say about Big Bear Cool Cabins and Logey Lakefront. The staff are always polite and responsive; the cabin is always clean and we've never had an issue with early check in or a dirty cabin.

The cabin is a beautiful and comfortable place to stay with flat screen tvs, a putting green and located on the water. I would reccomend it to anyone with a party of 9 or less. It is a blast of a good time.

I hope that the few who posted negative comments are the anomaly to the thousands who have used Big Bear Cool Cabins.

9. Re: Coolcabins.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2007, 06:49
California
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Coolcabins.com

Alisa the owner is lying. Her little minion - Robert - doesnt care about the customers.

I am having to fight right now to get my money back. Any positive reviews on here are from their own fake ones, trust me.

The place we rented was a dump. There was no heat, no hot water, my bed actually fell apart during the night, the BBQ they provided didnt work, and a wheel fell of their other one. The sheets were dirty and the towels looked like they were previously used. The patio furniture was absolutely pitiful and looked like it was from a dump.

Dont use them. You will be sorry!!! I am!

Get answers to your questions about Big Bear Region