We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coolcabins.com

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
425 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Coolcabins.com

DO NOT USE THEM! We booked through them for last weekend for my birthday. They told us to come up earlier cause the owners would be checking out early. We drove up there around 9 and had breakfast. We drive to the cabin cause they said it was ready it wasn't not. The people had not checked out and there stuff was everwhere. We called the company and said we'll call the people staying there. We decided to do some sledding then called again at 2. The lady at Cool Cabins said they were checked out and it was cleaned for us. We go back to the cabin and stuff is still all over the place. We call back and they said that check in isn't until 4 even after they told us to come up early and that it was ready TWICE! We then go get lunch and come back at 345 to the cabin and the people there are just pulling up to pack up. It still has to be cleaned. We called and said we were leaving and wanted a refund. She said she would compensate us $20. That isn't much considering its $300 a night! She didn't want to give us our money back even after it was 4. We had to put a stop payment to the credit card charge cause she wouldn't refund us.

Big Bear Lake
Ski & Snowboard Areas, Hiking Trails, Bodies of Water
Snow Summit
Ski & Snowboard Areas
OC
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Coolcabins.com

I wish I had read all the bad reviews before we booked a cabin with bigbearcoolcabins.com The cabin Apple's Delight was nowhere near delight at all. The heater in that cabin is noisy that members of our group could not sleep the whole time. The sofa bed is so worn-out it is not even fit for the rats. The beds are lumpy, and one of the rooms doesn't even have any heater. All the plates, cutleries, utensils are old and mismatched. The linens are stacked in the closet on the floor, like we are some homeless people staying there for free. In each room, there is a very noisy portable heater. How can anyone feel proud to rent out a cabin like this??? And they ask for $475 per night. We would have been better off camping out by the lake. It is horrendous and I am just glad that it was only one night. NEVER NEVER trust the photos they posted.

San Diego
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Coolcabins.com

You're right - the staff there does not care and good luck trying to get anything back from them. I was offered a slight discount which only came after 3 months of calling and calling. I can't tell you how many times I was promised a call back and never got one. I was told that because too much time had elapsed that they wouldn't give me a refund - too much time elapsed because they wouldn't return my calls or talk when they got on the phone. Everytime I had to explain my case to them too.

I'd love to believe the owner but unless she lives in Germany and is never in the office, I think she knows that customer service is not a priority there.

For comparison, we stayed at a cabin managed by a different company for a weekend a year ago. We were making dinner and needed a specific type of pot to cook with. We called the management company and they brought over a brand new set within 20 minutes. That is customer service. We did not ask for that or expect it but they went above and beyond. I'll never use anyone else again!

CA
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Coolcabins.com

DO NOT USE COOL CABINS! They do not stand by their word, they do not respond to issues or problems, they are VERY good at ignoring you if you have problems with any cabin. We rented a $340/night spot from them. The place was awful and not fit for a family of 4, it was so dirty you did not want to touch any surface. Also if you turned on any space heater (no central heating) all the lights would go out and breakers would get tripped. Twice their 'master repairman' came out to fix this issue. His final advice? "Don't use the heaters." !!!! Then we asked if the hot tub worked. He assured us it did. Next night we went out to it, tried to turn it up, after 5 hours it had heated up to 65 degrees. NO THANK YOU. We called again about the problems. They said they would move us to a better spot. It WAS nicer, but we found the water heater did not work. We called them at 11am and asked them to fix it. We returned after skiing at 6pm. Called them as the water was cold still. They said their "master repairman" had "fixed" it. We said it did not work. Finally they sent out a certified plumber at 9pm. He said "this unit has not been maintained and must be replaced" to both us and the Cool Cabin manager on the phone. She said "Thanks" and hung up, but never spoke to us again! An hour later I got a hold of someone who said "okay let's move you again." Our children were in bed asleep at this time!! We spent one more day there with almost no hot water and just left in disgust.

They have NEVER RESPONDED TO US about any of this nor offered us ANY restitution. DO NOT USE COOL CABINS!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Coolcabins.com

Somebody, somewhere has a vendetta out against this place. I have never seen so many "once and out" posters on any forum and never so many going after "one establishment. "Unbelievable" sums it up.

25. Re: Coolcabins.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Big Bear Region