We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Bear Cool Cabins - Horrible Experience

California
1 post
Save Topic
Big Bear Cool Cabins - Horrible Experience

We rented a cabin in a very high price. It was freezing cold. It took more than 12 hours to warm up the leaving room. The bed rooms and bath room were still cold. There was a gas leak outside right by the entrance which made us dizzy after 10 minutes that kids were playing in the front-yard. The worst part was the rude customer service. When I tried to make a comment to them, she "advised" me not to go to big bear in winter time and instead go there in summer when it is warm.

Big Bear Lake
Ski & Snowboard Areas, Bodies of Water, Hiking Trails
Snow Summit
Ski & Snowboard Areas
7c7
Los Angeles...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Big Bear Cool Cabins - Horrible Experience

You are correct I did not use BBCC but I did use VILLAGE RESERVATIONS.And I will never use them again. And if I know anyone that is going to Big Bear Iwill tell them not to use them. The cabin was dirty and they are rude.

Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Big Bear Cool Cabins - Horrible Experience

It appears that some of the responses

Ignoring or too ignorant to realize you said the inside of the cabin was cold not outside. A cabin, hotel, motel is suppose

To provide adequate cooling and heating.

What a bunch of idiots.

Probably live in big bear and work for the

Facility.

Jurupa Valley...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: Big Bear Cool Cabins - Horrible Experience

I've never written a response on Trip Advisor before but I read through Big Bear, CA reviews frequently as I am a rental home owner there. What people need to understand about Big Bear is that there can be a mansion next to a shack all on the same street. Things were built at different times and like anywhere if the property is not kept up it is going to be in poor condition. This is just as much the owners fault as the property managers.

My advice to those of you wanting to visit a wonderful place like Big Bear is to review the rental companies sites and then call in before booking. My husband and I work constantly on keeping our cabin up and our management company knows that. Good cabins don't just look great in the pictures they are honestly reccommended by the property managers. Plan before and your trip will be a wonderful experience.

Do those of us that help make our cabins great in Big Bear a favor by honestly reviewing your cabin afterwards. Most people that post only do so negatively, we rarely here the "great" in life.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,697 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Big Bear Cool Cabins - Horrible Experience

I fortunately have no skin in this game, because I haven't rented a cabin at Big Bear Lake. As a Californian, I know that it's going to be cold in the mountains in the winter, even the mountains in Southern California (even near the Inland Empire). But some visitors to "sunny Southern California" may miss that point.

It would presumably be simple enough for Big Bear Cool Cabins, and any other rental services there to put a note with their promotional material that says something along the lines of it's beautiful and peaceful up here in the winter, but it's cold, so dress and pack accordingly.

45. Re: Big Bear Cool Cabins - Horrible Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Big Bear Region