We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How crowded this weekend?

California
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How crowded this weekend?

Hi there,

Well, my son and two friends want to drive up to Big Bear from Orange County on Saturday because they've got some free ski lifts. Then they're planning on driving on up to Bishop on the same day for snowboarding at Mammoth for the following two days. I told them they were nuts! I'm thinking with the new snow and winter vacation it's probably going to be very crowded in Big Bear, and then to be driving for 5 hours after that is way too much!

What say you Big Bear sages?

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,256 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How crowded this weekend?

I think if the weather clears up, it will be a zoo up there and traffic is almost sure to be bad. If it is still icy, even worse.

I think mother knows best, but good luck persuading your son!

Big Bear Lake
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How crowded this weekend?

VNROSE is correct. We're having another HUGE storm today after getting about 3 feet of snow on Monday. It will take hours to get here under the best of circumstances, and many hours to get back down again, and that's assuming they don't close any roads which they usually do under such circumstances. For example, on Monday there was only one way up here (normally there are 4 ways).

If they are going to come up anyhow, make sure to check this website often for updates on weather and road conditions:

snowsummit.com/snow-summit-snow-report.php

3. Re: How crowded this weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Big Bear Region