We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Big Bear???

San Diego
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Big Bear???

We are looking for a very clean cabin like place to stay in Big Bear when the snow comes. We want a place that is very kid friendly, possible sledding on the property, and walking distance to skiing.

Big Bear, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Big Bear???

As a lodge owner in Big Bear, I recommend that you call the Big Bear Lake Resort Association (Of which we are a member)at 800-4-Big Bear (800-424-4232) or go to their website at www.bigbear.com. You will have plenty of accomodations all around the valley to choose from. As for snow, we are still waiting for Mother Nature to bless us, but the Ski resorts are making it right now, and hope to be open within the week. See you soon in Big Bear Lake!

Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Big Bear???

Definitely DO NOT stay at the Big Bear Frontier Lodge. They have an "unsatisfactory" rating with the Better Business Bureau for multiple, unanswered complaints. Complaints include: bait-and-switch price changes upon arrival, dirty rooms, rude management. AVOID FRONTIER LODGE.

Vista, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Big Bear???

We usually stay at The Snow Lake Lodge... it always gets the 3 C's from us... Cozy, Cute, & Clean! The rates are usually pretty reasonable- $99-$145 or so. We get the 1 bedroom/2 bath unit. The kids get the sofa sleeper and hubby and I get the room. Just plug in their PS2 and you are all set!

California
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Big Bear???

also try www.vrbo.com for rental cabins by owners (usually have them with a management company since most don't live there)

You will find everything from one bedroom cabins to McMansions.

los angeles
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Big Bear???

Its hard to find a descent place in big bear but I found one . This place is moderately priced and can sleep up to 6 guest. I have been there several times and have loved it each time. You can walk to the ski tram and itis close to either ski resort. The grocery store was a few minutes away. They had ski slope views and a fenced back yard for our dog. The house was spacious and had neat log beds, tvs in bedrooms with satellite and movie channels. The only thing we didnt like was that there was no internet but they had a phone so we used dial up. If you would like to see photos I found it by googling Cougars Treehouse in which we found a myspace page with photos at www.myspace.com/cougarstreehouse. I highly reccommend this place.

6. Re: Where to stay in Big Bear???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2007, 06:49
7. Re: Where to stay in Big Bear???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Big Bear Region