We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in April?

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather in April?

I'm planning a photo shoot in early April and I'm considering Big Bear Lake. We need to shoot outdoor active wear in a woodsy adventure type setting. Wind breakers, golf shirts etc.

Can anyone tell me how the weather tends to be in early April and if there might still be snow?

Will it still be cold and snowy or closer to spring?

Thanks for the input,

Rob

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in April?

Generally, but no guarantees: There will be patches of snow on the ground, but probably no new snow. If there is a rain. Since a snow storm is coming through currently, you have a good chance of snow on the ground in early April.

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in April?

You just really never know for sure about the snow.... there's a good storm coming in Sunday/MOnday that may have a foot or two of snow and supposedly more next weekend. Therefore, there could easily still be snow on the ground in April. Or maybe not if it melts! Usually, there are not snow storms in April. But, as locals are quick to tell you, you could have snow as late as Mother's Day. Last May it snowed in late May!

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in April?

Thanks for the feedback!

Can anyone reco a location either close to Big Bear or anywhere else in the U.S. where I could find Snow in the mountains and Spring greenery at the same time. We are looking to do phtotography during the second week of April!

Thanks,

Rob

Laguna Hills...
Level Contributor
342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in April?

Sequoia will probably still have quite a bit of snow in April, as well as som green areas with a lot of wildflowers. The forest is always gorgeous, but it is especially beautiful when the dogwoods are blooming. Yosemite & Mammoth will also still have snow.

5. Re: Weather in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Big Bear Region