We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

Los Angeles CA
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

Hi,

I am taking my fiancee away as a surprise for his bday...was thinking he would love a nice cabin. Does anyone have any suggestions on the better ones? I know Pine Knot has nice ones, but they only have the larger ones available.....thanks a lot for your help!

Big Bear Region...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

One place I always send my contacts is to coolcabins.com

they have agood website

Rancho Mirage, CA
Level Contributor
89 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

bigbearvacations.com offers many cabins/homes. You can search the website for availability, the number of rooms you require and location (lakeview, slopes, etc.).

http://bigbearvacations.com/

Save Reply
3. Re: anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

Definitely DO NOT stay at the Big Bear Frontier Lodge. Currently they have an "unsatisfactory" rating with the Better Business Bureau for multiple, unanswered complaints. Complaints include: bait-and-switch price changes upon arrival, rude management, dirty rooms, misleading web site. AVOID BIG BEAR FRONTIER LODGE.

California
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

Do not stay at ANY COOL CABIN lodges.

They suck. Trust me. My family rented a cabin for a weekend from them and it had no heat downstairs, the towels and the bedding was dirty, no warm water in the downstairs shower, patio furniture was from a dump and there is a lot more.

Trust me - Stay farrrr away from this company. Plus their people dont care about you, trust me, they suck and are extremely unprofessional!!!!!

Diego
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

Stay away from cool cabins at all costs. Very unprofessional staff and the places they rent are in HORRIBLE condition.

Camarillo
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

Hi:

The many complaints posted here are common to our experience with renting from Cool Cabins in Big Bear, California. We stayed at one of their cabins in July 2007. It was dirty, (coffee grounds left in the coffee pot) half of the light bulbs were burned out, the master bathroom toilet was broken and would not flush. We called them when we arrived to complain, they sent out a maintenance man (supposedly) but the toilet broke immediately after the first flush, which meant we had to go outside and up stairs to use a bathroom in the middle of the night. We called to complain again and requested a discount on the costs of the cabin, which was not cheap. They refused, the staff did not seem to care about their reputation or satisfying their customers. I would never rent from them again nor recommend them.

Helen Sheneman

Mike Parker

Joy Thomas Properties

Camarillo, California

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

I've stayed at Escape townhomes and they were great and inexpensive.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

What is it about rentals in Big Bear that brings out the shills?

Look at the low post count of almost every "contributor" to this thread.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

Sounds like a bunch of competitors trying to discredit each other.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,484 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone have suggestions for cabin rental?

Yeah, I think after all of this that I will stay away from Big Bear Lake completely. Cool Cabins or no.

Get answers to your questions about Big Bear Region