We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what are fun things to do during the day or night?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
what are fun things to do during the day or night?

Hey everyone,

I am planning to go to bigbear with my husband for a few days. What are some romantic activities we can do?

what are intersting/fun things to in general, both at night and during the day? (besides skiing)

Any sugestions would be great! Thanks!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,677 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what are fun things to do during the day or night?

Here is a link to the Chamber of Commerce website that you can copy and paste that may help you to find out about some interesting things to do, places to visit, restaurants.

www.bigbearchamber.com/visitingbigbear.php

Romantic activities? Well, I think just going there is romantic. I saw an ad for a cabin with an outside hot tub. If you haven't already chosen a place maybe you could look around for something like that.

I have only been there once. They have a jazz festival each September and that is what brought me up there. My sister had been before and knows her way around, so she drove us. We stopped into a deli in the village that had great chili and then walked across the street to a couple of stores. I think walking around the village would be nice, as well as just going on some nature walks.

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what are fun things to do during the day or night?

Holcomb Valley is an old gold mining town in the 1800's (now vacant) that was fun to see years ago...look for the "Hanging Tree". Not sure if it is open in winter.

Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain is fun if your not into skiing.

Walk the villiage

Visit the local zoo - in Moonridge?

In the summer you can do the Sky Chair at Bear Mountain

Rent one of the boats on the Lake and do some fishing.

3. Re: what are fun things to do during the day or night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 12:24
Get answers to your questions about Big Bear Region