We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sledding and Snow Chains

San Marcos, CA
Level Contributor
260 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Sledding and Snow Chains

I'm going up in a few weeks from San Diego and I'm trying to figure out where to buy Snow Chains. Everyone says it will be cheaper to buy them "down" here vs at the mountain. Does anyone know where though?

2nd question...I want to take my little kids sledding (3 and 1 year olds), so I don't want to pay $22/pp to take them to those snow play areas. They will only last a few hours anyways and then get tired. We will be staying in a rental house off of Moonridge drive. Does anyone know of a small hill or someplace that will be good for them? Also, (no laughing), but what is a good material or something that could make a good sled? Again I don't want to spend a lot of money on something, if I could just use a trashbag or something and have just as much fun. Any suggestions would be great.

San Diego...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Sledding and Snow Chains

I grew up in Connecticut and am so glad that my parents didn't know the many pessimistic people that have replied to this posting. With the paranoia it is a wonder than anyone leaves their houses. Do you know how many die in car accidents? I bet each one of you still travels in a car. I loved going sled riding down a 20 foot hill in one of our local parks back east. So many great memories. I think that is all francifammem was looking for. Some simple advise for some simple enjoyment for her children.

12. Re: Sledding and Snow Chains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Big Bear Region