We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medieval Times

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Medieval Times

HI,

What can anyone tell me about Medieval Times? Is it worth going to or should i give it a miss?

Thanks

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medieval Times

I have gone twice. The food is so-so and the show is a bit better than so-so. It is different than the usual shows. To me, it is one of those shows you see once and you dont need to see again. Now, this is just my opinion....my kids really liked it.

If you give the month you are coming here, maybe we can tell you of other things going on in Southern California that might be a better show to see.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
27,731 posts
5,812 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medieval Times

So many wonderful things to do in the area - so little time.,

We actually enjoyed going to Mideval Times and cheering on the knights. The half chicken, soup, etc. is quite plentiful; it is certainly not a gourmet meal, but its a good meal. Chicken was moist and tender; service and eating with your hands is fun. Watching the horses so close is also fun. Its a fun show...if you like that type of Knight and Lady Chivalry!

Couple of things - They try to get you there very early. You really don't need to arrive until about 30 minutes before when they start to do the seating at the tables. So if you're short on time, arrive late.

They do try to get you to buy other things....but you are under no obligation. We did end up buying the picture; and we enjoy drinking out of their plastic mugs at home still....so I guess their marketing tactics do work! However, you really don't have to feel pressured to buy them.

If you are going to Knotts Berry Farm, it is a good combo day to step out and see the show and return as the 2 places are basically across the street from one another.

Enjoy your trip.

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Medieval Times

We thought it was kind of fun.

Just an extra bit of advice...don't pay extra to sit up front unless you like the horses kicking up dirt (and who knows what else) onto your food!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medieval Times

To ihave2dogs

we are going Sept 21 - sept 29 2007.

thanks for all your replys

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Medieval Times

Capricorn...are you traveling with children?

Did you know that you eat with your fingers (no table wear) just like in the midieval times...

6. Re: Medieval Times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Buena Park