We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knotts Fireworks-- best place to watch?

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
238 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Knotts Fireworks-- best place to watch?

I live about 20 miles from Knotts and have been hearing the fireworks this July 4th weekend (about 9:10-9:20p..m.) They sound terrific (many, loud, long show) Is there a good place to watch these outside the park? I was thinking of the overflow parking lot to the west of the park-- other suggestions?

We often go to watch Disneyland fireworks (a couple of times a year) and know that the ticket plaza is a good place to watch outside the paark. If there's not at Knott's I'd like to know and I'll go back to Disneyland!

Special Offer
Go Los Angeles Card
123 Reviews
from US$84.00*
US$89.00
Special Offer
Knott's Berry Farm General Admission...
91 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$82.00
Special Offer
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament...
34 Reviews
from US$53.99*
US$66.65
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knotts Fireworks-- best place to watch?

Here's an idea that I hope might work well for you. Call Knott's in the morning and talk to someone in Guest Relations. Ask if they are allowing guests in that evening using a "shopper's pass", which allows you up to 45 min. free admission with a refundable deposit. The deposit is a one day REGULAR admissiion price (something like almost $60 for an adult). It can be put on your credit card, such as Visa or Mastercard, and takes two or three days to show as refunded. You do need make sure you return to the Guest Services window BEFORE your time is up to be safe. So, if they aren't blocking that for the holiday and it sounds good, maybe you should park at the Buena Park Mall and walk down and talk to someone at the Guest Services window to get yourself in just to see the show. I would go early in case others have the idea too and you have to wait in line. Just make sure ahead if time they are allowing the shopper's pass at that time. (Called something else too but I forgot what). If you talk to someone who doesn't know, hang up and call again. Do you need the number?

Have a good holiday!

Edited: 04 July 2011, 03:34
Mentioned in this post
The Buena Park Hotel & Suites
The Buena Park Hotel...
376 Reviews
Buena Park, CA
SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knotts Fireworks-- best place to watch?

OP can park in the free 3 hour lot.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knotts Fireworks-- best place to watch?

I think it would be very convenient to park in the above mentioned lot, which is on Grand with the lot entrance by the TGI Fridays. I was just envisioning it as full due to others with similiar idea as yours (park and watch). You can give it a try and see what happens, if you give yourself enough time to scout around for a space. Make sure to refer to the time on the ticket you grab when you enter the lot and be back at your car BEFORE the three hours is up. Remember, there may be a line of cars waiting at the booth as you leave the lot. Been there, done that. It is nerve racking if you cut it close.

Edited: 04 July 2011, 04:46
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Knotts Fireworks-- best place to watch?

If you don't want to try the Shopper's Pass I think you will be okay standing outside the Knott's theme park entrance (the main entrance in front). There are some planters there too, to lean on or maybe sit on. That is where the drop off area is, so you could drop the rest of your group there and go on to find a parking space then meet up with them. I think it might get crowded there.

Once when I was parked in the Beach Blvd. lot (where Independence Hall is) I went to go the car to go home not knowimg there would be fireworks (it was Christmastime) and I had a perfect view. I was in the first or second row facing the park. I am NOT saying park in that lot. You will be charged it you do. But I think it might work well if you park in the Grand Ave. lot (hopefully, finding a spot) and walk through the tunnel to get to the Beach Blvd lot,. where you can just walk to the area I mentioned and watch from there. There is that little white fence and trees where you can lean (away from cars, but next to the lot) but I don't know if they would allow you to sit. if you want to bring chairs or if there is enough room. What would be nice is to get some Chicken to Go or Pink's Hot Dogs, or bring something, and eat at the picnic tables by Independence Hall first.

Call and see what is allowed or what kind of crowd is expected outside the park. 714-220-5200 or 714-220-5220.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Knotts Fireworks-- best place to watch?

OK, the fireworks use the Western Overflow lot as the launch location, so it will be fenced off. But if you can find a close-by place behind the fence, not a bad location. Just note, a lot of locals also are looking for an "out of park" location.

And for those going inside the park, the boardwalk next to Perilous Plunge is the best location.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Knotts Fireworks-- best place to watch?

So, Lisa, did you go? What location did you choose and how was it?

7. Re: Knotts Fireworks-- best place to watch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 23:15