We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

non riders

buc
upper sandusky, ohio
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
non riders

Anything to do while waiting for teens enjoying the park? I am a non-rider so just wondering if I should pay to go in the park or go do something else near by?

Special Offer
Go Los Angeles Card
126 Reviews
from US$84.00*
US$89.00
Special Offer
Knott's Berry Farm General Admission...
91 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$82.00
Special Offer
Pirates Dinner Adventure Buena Park
21 Reviews
from US$59.99*
US$67.11
7 replies to this topic
Long Beach...
Level Contributor
7,367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: non riders

What do you like doing?

The Cerritos mall isn't too far and little India in Artesia has some good food options.

Fullerton Arboretum?

Seal beach is a cute little town.

Bolsa Chica Wetlands/ecological Reserve and Beach?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,448 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: non riders

I think you can still get a pass to basically shop only for a few hours inside of Knotts still? That may give you the opportunity to walk around and see if you want to pay to stay their longer, or if not, visit somewhere else. What about visiting Disneyland which is closer to Knotts about a 15 min drive or so. That Park would have lots to keep you busy without needing to ride any attractions as their are alot of shows ect. Or you could take the Art Shuttle around which goes to various places including shopping ect. but I dont know about the frequency of route to Knotts as it originates at Disneyland.

http://rideart.org/

buc
upper sandusky, ohio
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: non riders

Wow great options, and yes after reading some of the knotts reviews I am considering Disney. We are staying quite a ways away in Escondido. But driving not a problem, or I shall see lol.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,448 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: non riders

Wow, that is a long drive. Expect 2 hours even if its good traffic likely, and you would really want to avoid the busier traffic times.

Depending on what you are planning in the area around Anaheim or LA, you may want to consider just an overnight in the area at somewhere inexpensive and not check out of your Escondido accomodations. As I believe from your other post you have to stay in Escondido.

And if you will have Transportation, you can consider just driving to the Beach. Its an easy drive of about 30 min to Huntington and Newport Beach which will have shopping ect.

Or for Disneyland you could just take Transport their, and then just visit Downtown Disney which doesnt require using a Disneyland ticket for entry, and spend a few hours shopping and eating, ect. The Outlets at Orange are also on the Art Shuttle route and just a few miles from Disneyland.

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: non riders

If you have transportation look at South Coast Plaza---you can easily spend an entire day there and at adjacent Metro Pointe.

buc
upper sandusky, ohio
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: non riders

Great fellow trip advisor pals, I will take all into consideration. As for driving....well...we have to drive well over an hour or two just to get to the airport from where we live anyway so we are used to it. Just not the traffic.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,433 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: non riders

I just noticed this thread. Although the original poster may have already gone to Knott's, I want to clarify what was said about the shopping pass for anyone else happening to read this thread.

Knott's still offers a Shoppers Pass, which is not well publicized. It is possible that it may not be offered in the future, you never know. So check by calling first before going. (And ask to talk to a supervisor if the employee seems not to understand what it is.). It is NOT for a few hours. It is for only 45 minutes and requires a deposit of a full day's admission fee on a credit card. The time is strictly enforced, which means the guest using this pass must return in time or the deposit becomes a charge. I suggest returning prior to 45 minutes.

Had I noticed this thread before I would have asked the original poster when they were planning to go and informed them of possible special events and shows as well as rides that he/she might like to do (that I are not in the Sandusky park and are unique and historic to Knott's . Stagecoach, authentic steam locomotive ride. There is much to look at in Ghost Town, the first section of Knott's that dates back to its opening 75 years ago, and a fun saloon show.

If the OP was going right after posting, they will have just missed the Boysenberry Festival which Knott's Berry Farm offers each spring for three weeks. The dates change each year and it usually ends right around Easter or the weekend after. In addition to food tasting (added fee), there is a wine garden. There is the Peanuts in the Park song and dance show around the Charleston Fountain which is overflowing with soring flowers. By the way, the Charleston Fountain was actually featured in the movie Hello Dolly before being brought to Knott's during the time that area of the park had the Roaring 20's Theme. The Boysenberry Festival also has a big pie eating contest on opening day featuring champions of eating contests (think Nathan's Hot Dogs), line dancing, and more.

During the summer and Christmas seasons there is an ice show in the huge Charles Schultz Theater,. Swing dancing on Sunday nights during the summer. Added entertainment both during the summer and Christmas times.

If anyone has any other questions about Knott's it may help to post in the Anaheim Forum where they may get noticed more. Anaheim is very close to Buena Park and that forum gets more traffic. I suggest asking in the body of your post for advice from season pass holders of Knott's Berry Farm or those who have been frequent visitors. Precise advice is likely to be posted by us. Anyone who would like to can PM me as well.

Edited: 30 August 2016, 04:32
Reply to: non riders
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted