We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

Which Burbank hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

Just found out we have two 'guaranteed' tickets to the 12/6 Ellen's 12 Days of Christmas show. Before we book airfare to fly cross country, I am hoping to find answers to the following...

-They say that if we arrive by our required check in time of 12:30pm on 12/6 that we WILL get in. I have heard that even if you have 'guaranteed' seating you need to almost camp out the night before to get into one of these special giveaway shows. Does anybody have first hand experience with this?

-Also, I can't remember what they typically gave away last year during one show period. Anybody know or remember?

-If they give away large items, how do they get them to you? Being out of town, and on the other coast, I wondered how that worked.

Anyway, THANKS so much!!! I truly appreciate your help! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

ontario canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

Looking for the same information too. Also have 2 guranteed tickets for 12/6 and check in at 12:30! Also coming from the other end of the country so any advice here is very helpful.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,546 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

You can look up former discussions about Ellen -- there are tons of them. Just put in KEYWORDS in the SEARCH box below the NARROW green stripe (above) and click GO.

I suggest the keywords:

ELLEN GUARANTEED

Good luck!

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

fasth-I did what the other gal said to do in the search and there is a lot of info out there to read. I am still trying to find out more about the gifts, but I will keep searching. I want to go regardless of the gifts, but my one girlfriend is going to have to pursuade her husband, and so she needs some 'ammo' to do so. lol.

We have tickets to the same show, so maybe we can try and meet while waiting.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

fasth-Have you gotten anything in the mail yet? What did they tell you as far as acual tickets go?

ventura, ca
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

me too. we have the same tickets. have you gotten any info yet about getting there way early? because of the metro schedule my arrival times are limited but there is about an hour from the first to last time i could arrive. i wonder if the difference between 7 am and 8 am is noticeable.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

mandimath-If you have guaranteed tickets, you DO NOT have to get there at the crack of dawn. That is for the stand by tickets. As long as you are there by check in time (12:30pm) you are fine. I think we will get there a bit before that just to be safe. The people that are stand by will camp out in order to try and get a low stand by number. Do you have any idea what time we will get done for the 3:30pm show?

ventura, ca
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

jblairgolf. thanks for the info, i had read so many conflicting posts on the subject of guaranteed tickets. i am wondering the same thing about when we will be done since my husband will be picking me up with our 2 kids in tow on our way out of state.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

mandimath-Well, if there are two tapings that day, and I am assuming there are, we should be out of there about 5pm. They have to bring the other people in for the 6pm taping. Now, if they are not doing two tapings, they might allow more time to take care of the gifts for the audeince members, etc. We will have a better idea once we check in at 12:30pm. They will be able to tell you then.

Burbank
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

I had guaranteed tickets to a previous show and when we showed up we were told that they were full...we would have to go to that back room...(I forget what they call it).

GET THERE EARLY!!

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ellen..12 Days of Christmas! Anybody been before? Help!

Lisa, when was that? They changed their policy after April 1st of this year.