We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A free day in Burbank

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
797 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
A free day in Burbank

Hi everyone. i will be arriving on a friday night in July and staying at the Hampton Inn in Burbank as I have a wedding across the street from the hotel. The wedding is Sunday so I will have all day Saturday free with no plans and nothing to do (dont know anyone other than the bride in the wedding party).

Can anyone suggest something to do for the day keeping in mind I wont have a car? I am a 30 something year old female who will be by myself.

Thanks!

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A free day in Burbank

Warner Brothers Studio is near by. You could take a tour. Universal Studios is also not far away. My wife & daughter have gone there a few times to browse some vintage shops in the area.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
797 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A free day in Burbank

Warner brothers is an option! Was just in Glendale for a conference in January and went to universal then. So rather not repeat!

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A free day in Burbank

There's one bus line that passes the hotel, it runs about every hour on Saturday and gets you to downtown Burbank in less than 10 minutes. From the Holiday Inn downtown you can get a Starline Tours pickup to Hollywood and choose any one of their tours or the Hop On Hop Off Bus tour.

A bus from downtown to the Warner Brothers Tour would be about 15 mins from downtown, very easy, but WB is very quiet on Saturdays in summertime so the tour would not have much hustle and bustle, nothing like Universal with it's attractions etc.

The last bus from downtown Burbank to the Hampton Inn is around 8pm so you're stuck with taxi service after that. Downtown Burbank has 3 movie complexes, many many dining options and a comedy club. You also might check if something is happening at Burbank's "Starlight Bowl" that night, it's not far from the Hampton Inn, an easy taxi ride.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
797 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A free day in Burbank

Great bus info to have! Thank you! Will look into whats going on there that weekend! Thanks

Guelph, Ontario...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A free day in Burbank

What is the best option for transportation from LAX on a Friday evening to Burbank?

6. Re: A free day in Burbank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2015, 05:17