We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX to Burbank

Which Burbank hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
austin, texas
1 post
Save Topic
LAX to Burbank

Hi guys

Does anyone know the best way to get from LAX airport to Burbank airport on a Sunday ?

Thanks

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX to Burbank

Driving:

Follow signs to I-405 NORTH - go 14.2 mi

Take the US-101 exit toward LOS ANGELES - go 5.5 mi

Take fork onto CA-134 EAST toward BURBANK/GLENDALE - go 1.9 mi

Take the PASS AVE exit toward BURBANK - go 0.2 mi

Turn on N PASS AVE - go 1.0 mi

Turn on W MAGNOLIA BLVD - go 0.2 mi

Turn on N HOLLYWOOD WAY - go 1.9 mi

Follow signs to Burbank Airport

Public Transportation:

use the trip planner at www.metro.net

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX to Burbank

I forgot to mention taxi fare would be roughly $50-60 and shuttle vans such as Super Shuttle about $20 per person

Las Vegas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX to Burbank

Also depends on the time of day...405 is evil.

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: LAX to Burbank

True, a lot depends on the time of day. Nowadays, traffic is even bad on the weekends! But if you leave in the morning, you should be OK.

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: LAX to Burbank

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. How long should the trip take?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LAX to Burbank

Hi pirep2222,

I have the same question and saw the answer fromdelmar gave you. My question is: Is this a safe route to take (no driving through unsafe neighborhoods)? Am not familiar with LA but watch KTLA news every morning on satellite and somebody is murdered almost everyday. I am getting a handle on where it seems to all be happening.

Thanks for any advice.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LAX to Burbank

You are driving through perfectly safe neighborhoods. You also need to remember that FOX, KTLA and many other news shows love to sensationalize the bad and make headlines to get attention. Los Angeles is a huge city with many great neighborhoods and places to go. If you believed everything you saw in the movies, on tv or on the news - there would be no one left in LA as the would have all been killed by gangs, earthquakes, fires or who knows what :)

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LAX to Burbank

Meant to add - the commute without traffic - 30 minutes or so - with traffic an hour. If you are relying on public transportation - you might want to consider catching the Flyaway bus to Union Station ($4) and then the Metro to the airport ($5.25). Both take about 20 minutes.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LAX to Burbank

Hi Luxie,

Thanks for your post. I will take your advice on FOX and KTLA sensationalizing stories. Our flight arrives late on a Sunday night and by the time we get our luggage and rental car, our drive to Burbank will be around 11 pm. Will traffic be bad on the 405 even at that time of night?

sajmaj

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LAX to Burbank

Assuming no road work and no accidents - it should be wide open.