We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hwy 5 one lane buttonwillow

pleasant hill ca
3 posts
Save Topic
Hwy 5 one lane buttonwillow

I have read cal trans info and messages from last year.

I simply want to know if when I drive from Concord CA to San Diego, on Hwy 5, leave Sunday Aug. 12th around 9:00 am should I take an alternate route to avoid Buttonwillow one lane?

And reverse my trip, leave San Diego Friday 17th around 9:00 am.?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,337 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hwy 5 one lane buttonwillow

sunday tends to see more cars but way fewer trucks, so traffic should not be a problem. The road is 2 lanes each way anyway, so not to worry.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hwy 5 one lane buttonwillow

The road may be 2 lanes but construction in the area has reduced each direction to one lane. When we took it, the back up at night around 9PM was very long. Heading north we were more mid day and the back up wasn't nearly as bad. You do have to consider if any detour would be longer than just having a little patience to get thru it.

pleasant hill ca
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hwy 5 one lane buttonwillow

Thanks, sounds like the time of day I will be driving through there the slow down won't be bad enough to be worth the trouble of a different route.

I'm bringing my sing a long CD's and a book on tape.

California
Level Contributor
29 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hwy 5 one lane buttonwillow

Interstate 5 is back to normal. Check recent highway information for latest info on all routes.

Reply to: Hwy 5 one lane buttonwillow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Buttonwillow