We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calistoga lodgings

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Calistoga lodgings

My Wife & I are looking to spend 4/5 nights in Calistoga in August & would be grateful of any help & suggestions as regards nice places to stay,I have seen some scary prices mentioned,is it unreasonable to find something around $200 per night or less?

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Calistoga lodgings

snaefell052-

If airfares are your determining factor, we'd suggest you get on the email lists of the airlines that offer transatlantic flights from your location to the SF Bay Area.

We've had a number of international guests do this, and time their vacations based on the last minute deals they can get (crazy cheap sometimes, esp in the off-peak season).

It seems like the best times are Nov 1 through the end of February, if that helps you plan ahead.

The good news is, lodging prices are also at their lowest during these times-- so that should help you as well.

Cheers,

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

PS We're pretty sure The Elms is no longer in business (their website is gone). Here are the most recent reviews-- the last stay being in 2006/7 (and not very favorable):

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32143-d144793-…

Edited: 13 April 2011, 22:12
Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Calistoga lodgings

Sadly I'm stuck with 3 fixed weeks at the beginning of August so my flexibility is zilch,this is of course the busiest,hottest(not San Francisco!) & dearest time of the year,also living in the north of the UK my closest international airport is Manchester & nobody flies direct to the west coast of the USA from there so a minimum of 2 flights is required,try telling my Wife,who want's to get back to Ca but feels that she has had a bellyful of flying,that she has to pay an arm & a leg for the privilege ain't easy!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Calistoga lodgings

Sorry to hear that.

We suppose that's the price one pays for living in a lovely spot like the north UK. If you do ever happen to come out at another time of year, we think you'd find the cooler, somewhat wetter weather in Nov-March to your liking (different from the UK, but quite nice).

Cheers,

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Calistoga lodgings

With a huge oil refinery about a mile away not many people call the area lovely but I don't complain,it's given me a good life,in earlier times I used to have flexible holiday times & we used to travel in September,prices & temperatures were lower & everywhere less crowded,roll on retirement!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Calistoga lodgings

Ah. . . when you said northern UK, our thoughts drifted to Cumbria and the Lake District.

No matter. When you do make it over to this side of the pond, please stop by and say hi! :)

Cheers,

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World inn

Edited: 15 April 2011, 07:30
16. Re: Calistoga lodgings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 20:19