We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clean spa

Which Calistoga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
clean spa

My husband and I are taking three granddaughters (ages 13, 11 and 10 )on a mini trip north of SF after Thanksgiving and are looking for a CLEAN spa in Calistoga where we can all have the mud bath experience and a massage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Level Contributor
34,991 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clean spa

Indian Springs Resort! :)

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clean spa

Clean?

Mud?

Please clarify.

Mud is by definition, dirty. We're not trying to be sarcastic here.

We've had a few guests go up to the spas in Calistoga, and they were absolutely HORRIFIED at the thought of sitting in actual stinky mud.

So the more you can tell us what you mean when you say "CLEAN", the better.

Thanks,

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clean spa

3granny, are you still around?

Happy to answer your q's, but need to hear more about how you're going to feel about the "clean-ness" of mud. :)

USA
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: clean spa

Thank you all for your responses. By "clean" I was not referring to the mud, but to the general cleanliness of the facility.

However, this has proven to be a moot question. I have discovered that girls under 15 or 16 are not permitted to take a mud bath. So we'll be going for massages only. Any suggestions on a spa with good massages would be appreciated.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: clean spa

Wow, this is the first we've ever heard of age limits for mud baths. We'll have to dig into this a bit . . .

Did you find out if Lavender Hill allows teens to take their Volcanic Ash baths?

Many of our guests find them "cleaner" (as in not feeling like they're covered in mud!).

Lavender Hill is in a small home, so it does not have the feel of a resort spa. It's a very nice, but different (and yes, clean) experience. :)

Cheers,

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Edited: 10 November 2011, 15:26
6. Re: clean spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 05:16