We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Eat with Kids in Cambria?

Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
656 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Eat with Kids in Cambria?

We are going tomorrow (Friday) for the weekend, staying in town. Have a picky 5 year old and a less picky almost-9-year old. Mom is vegetarian (eats cheese, dairy, eggs and some fish like sushi, raw/lightly seared ahi tuna) as is 5-year-old, older child likes meat as does Dad!

Any recommendations for us? Wild Ginger sounds good and like it has good variety for both the vegetarians and non. (5-year old does like tofu!) Black Cat sounds interesting, two reviews indicated child-friendliness but I'd have to see what they have for younger kid. What else? Thanks!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,943 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Eat with Kids in Cambria?

I have stayed in Cambria twice and both times, the proprietor of the place we stayed at took pride in recommending places to eat that satisfied all of our needs. Cambria is a small town. I would imagine that the person who "checks you in" will know all of the places there are to eat in town.

The rest of us -- who visit infrequently -- are not as well equipped.

Have a great vacation!

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Eat with Kids in Cambria?

If you want something more fine dining and your kids are fine with a little longer meal than self-serve type place, head to Cayucos to Hoppe's Bisto. They serve vegetarian and vegan meals as well as seafood and meat entrees. You will need reservations on the weekend.http://hoppesbistro.com will give you a menu and details. We have been taking our kids (now 7 and 10) since they were little.

The other option in Cambria is Robins http://www.robinsrestaurant.com. They have lots of vegitarian options. A little more casual than Hoppe's.

Check out both menus and decide.I would also call about kid's menus. Mine don't usually like the fried offerings on most, so I don't remember if they have one.

Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Eat with Kids in Cambria?

Thank you! We had Robin's on our list to check and we'll also check out the menu on the other one you mentioned. Thanks!

Ojai, California
Level Contributor
240 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Eat with Kids in Cambria?

I second Robin's

Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Eat with Kids in Cambria?

Cool, thanks, we just checked in to the Bluebird Motel, very nice here by the way in the suite. Made reservation for Robin's for tomorrow night (tonight already don't have anything til after 8 pm and that's too late for us!) so I'll let you all know how it was for us. Tonight we're going to try to go early to Wild Ginger, they don't take reservations for less than 5 people. Thanks again!

6. Re: Where to Eat with Kids in Cambria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 04:16