We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambria weather in early November

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
249 reviews
Save Topic
Cambria weather in early November

Back in July 2009 we had a wonderful trip up the coast of California prior to our son's wedding. He and his wife have now relocated permanently to CA and we are off to visit them in November. I would have preferred September or October, but for various reasons this is when it needs to be. On that 2009 trip, we fell in love with Cambria, but only stayed for one night. We are anxious to go back and spend three nights. I am just curious as to what kind of weather we should expect in November. We will likely be in Cambria the first full week of November.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,446 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambria weather in early November

Hi happytraveler

Early November is transitional when it comes to weather, so hard to say what it will be like during your visit. We're likely to have mild days and cool nights. There's also the possibility of rain, but it would likely be light. Too early for any storms of significance, although I personally like the coast when a storm passes through. It makes for dramatic pounding surf and sky.

I would come prepared with light jackets/sweaters/sweatshirts for our cool mornings/evenings, an umbrella and a positive attitude. Cambria is a wonderful little town to be in no matter what the weather.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambria weather in early November

Thanks Kibblesmom!! You helped me a lot when I planned my 2009 trip to CA. I am looking forward to returning to Cambria. I thought I was going to find a better deal on lodgings in November, but not so much. Last time we stayed at the Sand Pebbles Inn. It was our one night splurge for the trip and it was lovely. Since we are staying three nights this time, we are trying to find a more budget lodging. At the moment I am thinking the Castle Inn by the Sea. Reviews seem decent....one common comment is the place is clean, which is always my number one priority. Do you have any comments on the Castle Inn. Is there someplace else in their price range that you would recommend over them?

Mentioned in this post
Sand Pebbles Inn
Sand Pebbles Inn
852 Reviews
Cambria, CA
Castle Inn
Castle Inn
583 Reviews
Cambria, CA
Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,446 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambria weather in early November

I have no personal knowledge of what the rooms at the Castle Inn are like, but I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the lodgings on Moonstone Beach Drive. Castle Inn is more "motel" like, but who cares? You get a fair rate and the ocean right across the street from you. Win-win.

I actually researched the Castle Inn a few days ago when looking for a place to stay when they fumigate our complex at the end of the month, but decided to stay closer to home so we can keep tabs on the complex while we're out (Hubby's concerned about break-ins).

Mentioned in this post
Castle Inn
Castle Inn
583 Reviews
Cambria, CA
Cambria, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambria weather in early November

Castle Inn was recently purchased by Cambria Inns. It has been completely spruced up and is an affordable option on the beach. Not the most modern facility, but clean and great for families...there is a pool. November is often a gorgeous month, and Kibblesmom is right, always a good time in Cambria...even the storms are pretty. Early November should be fine.

Mentioned in this post
Castle Inn
Castle Inn
583 Reviews
Cambria, CA
Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambria weather in early November

Cambria Victor: Thanks for the info on Castle Inn. The prices are really good, esp. since we are planning on staying three nights. I am going to look into it further. Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Castle Inn
Castle Inn
583 Reviews
Cambria, CA
6. Re: Cambria weather in early November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 06:15