We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Advice: Room with a Great Ocean View

Which Cambria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation Advice: Room with a Great Ocean View

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Cambria on 25-26 May... As we'll be celebrating our anniversary, My boyfriend and I would love to stay in a hotel with an ocean front view.

I've shortlisted the following hotels after reading tons of reviews: Pelican Inn and Suites, Moonstone Landing, Blue Dolphin Inn or Sand Pebbles.

I want to be able to hear the sound of the ocean from my room, preferably on the second floor as I'd like to keep the window open when I sleep. A full ocean view when I look out of the window. Breakfast is not that important, although a tasty one would be a bonus.

Blue Dolphin and Sand Pebbles no longer have ocean front rooms, sadly. They have what is called a Partial Ocean View room. Not too sure about how the views are like from the room.

Any ideas on which to stay? Thanks in advance.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,046 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Advice: Room with a Great Ocean View

Moonstone Landing or Little Sur Inn both offer full ocean front rooms with balconies on the second floor. Blue Dolphin and Sand Pebbles do not have balconies. With a balcony, you can leave the door open at night and enjoy the sound of the waves.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Advice: Room with a Great Ocean View

Keeping in mind that "ocean front" in Cambria does mean that there is a road between you and the ocean.

I had a "partial ocean view" at the Blue Dolphin and could hear the ocean with the window open. No view of the ocean but it was a lovely room.

I'm not sure how much of the ocean you see in an Ocean View room. I had an Ocean View at the Pelican Inn -- on the ground floor -- and the ocean noise was of course there but there was no view of it.

The room at the Blue Dolphin was larger and a bit more luxurious than the Pelican Inn.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 00:30
Socal
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Advice: Room with a Great Ocean View

We've stayed at the Sand Pebbles a number of times. The partial ocean view rooms, especially those near the front of the building, still pick up that ocean 'swish!' The road out front is fairly quiet at night so it wasn't a problem. The view is a slice but decent.

Love their breakfast!

Level Contributor
34,991 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Advice: Room with a Great Ocean View

Moonstone Landing! Another one to check out if they are full is The Fireside Inn. They have a nice heated pool and jacuzzi there also. Have fun in Cambria! :).

Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Advice: Room with a Great Ocean View

Thanks for your advice everyone!

We have decided to go with Moonstone Landing. Was deciding between that or Pelican Inn, but Pelican has the carpark in between your room and the sea.

Heard Moonstone Landing doesn't really have a good breakfast, but it's either that or the full ocean view. Have decided to go for the latter. Counting down to my trip now.

Edited: 08 April 2014, 20:46
6. Re: Accommodation Advice: Room with a Great Ocean View

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 18:57
Level Contributor
34,991 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation Advice: Room with a Great Ocean View

How was your trip Rachael? :).

8. Re: Accommodation Advice: Room with a Great Ocean View

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:15