We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel and stay for Libera/Rincon de la Vieja?

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel and stay for Libera/Rincon de la Vieja?

I'm hoping someone can help me with this! My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Costa Rica the 2nd week of June. We'll be staying at the Punta Istlita Resort for most of our stay (we have the fortune of using some rewards points!), but we wanted to check out Rincon de la Vieja on our last day in Costa Rica, before flying out of Liberia that Sunday. Does anyone have some good suggestions of which hotel to stay in that last night while in Liberia and what mode of transportation we should use to get to the park? We'll be taking a private shuttle from the resort back to Liberia early morn on Sat and we were hoping to spend the day at the park.Thanks in advance!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel and stay for Libera/Rincon de la Vieja?

In Liberia with easy access to LIR. Best Western, Hilton Garden Inn (outside LIR entrance)....and others. Liberia is large enough to have many hotels.

I think it's a Hilton Garden Inn. Could be "or equivalent".... It's quite new.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel and stay for Libera/Rincon de la Vieja?

There are options in the Rincon de la vieja area, 45 minutes from the airport.

Lots to see and lots to do up there, maybe 1 day is to short of time for the many things to do.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,140 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel and stay for Libera/Rincon de la Vieja?

Check Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin…the best around…simple the best…great soft adventure tours…

roadadvisor

4. Re: Travel and stay for Libera/Rincon de la Vieja?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 February 2016, 05:16