We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rincon de la vieja with 2y old baby

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Rincon de la vieja with 2y old baby

Dears, I would like to spend 2 night in Rincon de la vieja (maybe hacienda guachipelin) with my wife and our 2y old baby, in august. We are used to carrying him with us during soft hiking in baby backpack, but of course we are not allowed to do white water rafting or ziplines... do you think we can find nice things to do at Rincon even with the baby, or would you suggest to cut this destination? For your info, this is our itinerary so far: Poas, Arenal, Rincon de la vieja, north Nicoya, Monteverde, Tarcoles, Manuela antonio, San jose. I cut many amazing destinations due to baby safety and rainy season.. any suggestion is appreciated, in particular for Rincon! (we have 4x4 car for the whole trip, then we will end the trip in Tortuguero by bus)

Tks

Filippo

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rincon de la vieja with 2y old baby

If you are used to carrying him on hikes, it will be fine. There's lots to see in the Park. There are some shorter hikes and some longer ones. Maybe look at the One Day Nature Pass at Guachipelin also.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 15:35
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rincon de la vieja with 2y old baby

Agree with Hattie..go for it...Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin...simple the best around...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rincon de la vieja with 2y old baby

I found Rincon del La Vieja to be a great place to visit. My wife and her friend went on a guided horseback tour of the area which would be good to do with a 2 year old child.

Manual Antonio was a disappointment for us. We saw the least wildlife of almost of the places we have traveled in Costa Rica and it is an expensive area in terms of lodging and food.

Suggest bypassing Manual Antonio for this trip and focusing more on things to see and do around San Jose and Monteverde and Arenal.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rincon de la vieja with 2y old baby

thanks guys, precious suggestions!

F

5. Re: Rincon de la vieja with 2y old baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:21