We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Namsey Choling Hotel in Paro

Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Namsey Choling Hotel in Paro

Has anyone heard of or stayed at the Namsey Choling Hotel in paro Bhutan. Our guide suggested it but I'd like some more information.

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Namsey Choling Hotel in Paro

We stayed in the Namseycholing hotel in Paro on all our trips, and it is one of our favorites. A quiet spot outside town, on the way to the Paro-valley with Taktsang, Kyichu and Drugyel.

Very large rooms with all the luxury you'd want

If your guide suggests this hotel, I think you can trust him. If you have questions about other hotels or places, please let me know. By the way, you can have a look at my tripreport, which describes some of the places. When is your trip, and with whom?

hong kong
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Namsey Choling Hotel in Paro

My travel agent also suggest me to stay in Namsey Choling. But I want to choose Gangtey Palace hotel. Which one is better? I will arrive Paro end Sept.

Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,307 posts
387 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Namsey Choling Hotel in Paro

See the reviews under Paro hotels on the left of this page or click:

Level Contributor
847 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Namsey Choling Hotel in Paro

We stayed there last year in late October early November. Our experience was similar to that of Bhutantraveller.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
993 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Namsey Choling Hotel in Paro

Staying at the Gangtey Palace hotel was one of the highlights of our trip to Bhutan last year. You can read my review here on Tripadvisor.

Penn Valley...
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Namsey Choling Hotel in Paro

I asked Dechen at Nirvana about using Namsey Choling and not Gangtey.....she said they have mixed experiences at Gangtey, so we stayed at Namsey, but Gangtey does sound beautiful.

7. Re: Namsey Choling Hotel in Paro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Paro