We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LOVE some good comparisons (pros/cons) betw. UMA & ZHIWA ??

Which Paro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
295 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
LOVE some good comparisons (pros/cons) betw. UMA & ZHIWA ??

I've read all the reviews but still feel like I couldn't make a decision intelligently. Can anyone give me a clear comparison of pluses/minuses & differences between these two hotels in Paro?

Thanks. (UMA & ZHIWA LING - Only interested in those two)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
64 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LOVE some good comparisons (pros/cons) betw. UMA & ZHIWA ??

I can only comment on the Zhiwa Ling.

I stayed there in October 2008 for 3 nights.

It's a bit outside of town so you aren't walking to any shops, restaurants or sights. But it's incredibly quiet and peaceful on the property.

It has the feel of a traditional yet upscale lodge you would find in a national park but it's obviously new construction. (i mean that in the best possible sense).

the rooms are large with very comfortable beds and a nice sitting area. they all have a little balcony to sit out on and enjoy the view of the mountains around you. The bathrooms were very nice with the added benefit of heated floors!

The restaurant was very good for dinner. Not traditional Bhutanese but probably the most creative meals we had in Bhutan. The breakfasts were well prepared but standard.

It also has a fun bar to sit in after a long touring day and relax.

This place is not over the top luxurious but it is filled with atmosphere and was my favorite place we stayed in Bhutan.

Have a great time. It's an amazing country.

New York City
Level Contributor
295 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LOVE some good comparisons (pros/cons) betw. UMA & ZHIWA ??

Thanks so much for your input. I'll keep watching the posts. It sounds lovely.

Kuala Lumpur...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LOVE some good comparisons (pros/cons) betw. UMA & ZHIWA ??

UMA

Superior room USD280

Deluxe room USD450

One bedroom suite USD575

One bedroom villa USD900

Two bedroom villa USD 1200

Rate are on per room basis inclusive of breakfast for single and double occupancy

Connecticut USA
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LOVE some good comparisons (pros/cons) betw. UMA & ZHIWA ??

I contacted you before about plans fro Bhutan. I am fianlly focused and sent you an email yesterday from my gamil account. I would loved to hear from you.

Thanks

Connecticut USA
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LOVE some good comparisons (pros/cons) betw. UMA & ZHIWA ??

Obviously, I can't type worth beans. Sorry for all the errors. Please email at my gmail account. Thanks again

Bhutan
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: LOVE some good comparisons (pros/cons) betw. UMA & ZHIWA ??

Hi Nezzie

The food at Uma is brilliant, the Royal Family are known for frequenting the restaurant regularly and it sits above Paro valley on the hillside, tucked into a pine forest with great views. They have a lovely spa with a traditional hot stone bath (not to be missed!).. Zhiwa Ling has the more traditional architecture of the two which is lovely but is a large property, cavernous even so perhaps Uma has the edge with a boutique, intimate vibe. And I think overall the F&B is probably better. To be honest though it will be a gorgeous treat to stay at either! Enjoy! Tashi Delek!

7. Re: LOVE some good comparisons (pros/cons) betw. UMA & ZHIWA ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Paro