We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

himalaya countries

Cape Town
Level Contributor
25 posts
270 reviews
Save Topic
himalaya countries

we are planning to visit the Himalaya countries Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan in April/may 2014 would appreciate any relevant information as this is "unchartered territory" also recommendations on tour operators which cover all three countries

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: himalaya countries

Hello,

It is impossible to recommend tour operators, it is not allowed on TA.

But there are some people who travelled to these countries, and you can contact them directly by private message. jeanmorrison is a name I remember. She can give you information:

tripadvisor.com/members-forums/jeanmorrison

And when you write Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan in the 'search' box, above your post, some more threads come up.

Take into account, that in Bhutan and Nepal, your tour compnay has to use a local agent, so you might do it better by yourself, finding a local agent in every country.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
25 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: himalaya countries

much appreciated

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: himalaya countries

Hello cleopatraCapeTown,

Welcome to Bhutan Forum!

I have been to all these three countries through an agent based in Kathmandu, a genuine person and very helpful. I am currently living in Nepal as I am working for an international organization. All these three countries are amazing and I am sure that you will have great time here.

Personally, I think as per the TripAdvisor guidelines it is allowed to post recommendation by genuine travelers. I just sent you a private message, please check it.

Good Luck!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: himalaya countries

Hello there

I think best way to travel in 3 Himalaya countries from the Nepal. Most of the good trekking companies here in Nepal they will organise all tour around Nepal Tibet and Bhutan.

i think if you put your query in Nepal forum you will get alots of useful info.

yes you got already some useful info and i want to suggest you to find some good company in Nepal and talk with them, i am sure you will get alots of idea what to do.If you are interested with any company you can book with.

if you want more information please send me private message.

Goodluck

Sali

Cape Town
Level Contributor
25 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: himalaya countries

thanks a mil i have mailed him,,,if you ever find yourself heading into africa please feel free to mail me for info...

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: himalaya countries

i just back from Bhutan and did 05 days Bhutan Tour , i have a good Experience with Yeoong Travel, Bhutan, You can find Mr Karma Chime in Paro town , His Agency is popular around Bhutan.

Hope you will enjoy your holidays in The Himalayas

Kedar

Cape Town
Level Contributor
25 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: himalaya countries

thanks so much for the info do you have his e mail details

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: himalaya countries

Please discuss with him about the trips, I guess he knows more than I do. He is a young guy living in Kathmandu. Let's see if I will ever come to South Africa, I will definitely write you if I need any helps!

Have a enjoyable holiday in the Himalayas!

PS: You selected three best destinations of the Himalayas, you will love them!

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: himalaya countries

it would be easiest to have a travel agent based in Kathmandu to arrange everything

Nepal and Bhutan are easy to organise

Tibet can be very difficult to impossible depending on the whim of the Chinese

Cape Town
Level Contributor
25 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: himalaya countries

thanks a mil...