We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

Singapore
Level Contributor
225 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

Our family with 3 teens planning to go to Niseko this Dec and i have narrowed down to Prince hotel, Niseko Alpine Apt, Alpen Ridge, Powder Tracks, Youtei Tracks and a few other luxurious apartments. Please advise if hotel or apt is better in terms of comfort and price, better still, if you have any encounters with any of the above accomodations will be greatly appreciated!

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

I think the main thing to do is to make sure you are in HIrafu - so don't stay at the Prince - it is now the Hilton -

Hirafu - all the companies you mentioned are good...and the village has shops and bars etc and life for 3 teens...

I'd go apartment....more relaxing

amanda

Ota, Japan
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

Hi

i bet that my post will be an expensive offering but anyway i use to book my personal apa www.snowjapan.com/e/hotel/viewhotel.php…

Niseko Accommodation - Fresh Powder Apartments Niseko, Niseko, Hokkaido (SnowJapan ski resort accommodation in Niseko, Hokkaido)

for sur i would insist to rent an apartement -comfortable and you'll have your space ......ect

also check out this link .

www.snowjapan.com/e/hotel/viewhotel.php…

Ota, Japan
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

also that www.snowjapan.com will help you to find out lot of info about the area and guide plus lot of stuff and things to do while visiting Niseko......

all the best

celina

Singapore
Level Contributor
225 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

Hi,

Thanks for both of your suggestions, so apartment it is! I read about powder tracks, it is slightly more expensive than other tracks but also further from the actions right?

One more question - does it normally snow from early Dec?

north coast
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

Fresh Powder apartments is great for teens. Get the Three beder. Stayed there before. you wont be disspointed.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
634 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

I stayed in Powder Tracks for a week and really liked it. The apartment was clean, well-furnished, good location. Youtei tracks is right across the street. The bus for the lifts (sure, you can walk, but it's not as easy as it looks; there are no sidewalks and it's uphill) is two - three blocks away; the bus that goes to Hanazono is right on the same block.

The one drawback we noted about Powder Tracks is that we could hear the noise from the apartment above very clearly. They had two children who woke early and seemed to clump around in their ski boots!

We booked through Hokkaido tracks and the service with everything was wonderful.

Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

I have stayed in quite a few places over the years and have found Niseko Company's properties to be good value

Furano, Japan
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

One major question is do you want to cook / dine out, or would you prefer to dine in? Most apartments in Niseko don't have meal service unless you call in caterers.

Apartment generally offers a better family experience, and if you're on a long stay you can also do your own home cooking. The Niseko resort is quite well developed with a lot of dining options throughout, so as long as you don't mind not having meal service at your accommodation, I would say go apartment.

Singapore
Level Contributor
225 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

Thank you pals across the globe!

Incidentally the post was put up last year but we changed to another locale last minute, but are going for sure this Dec, so still very useful information!

australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel or Apartment in Niseko?

Hi there,

having stayed in Niseko the past 6 winters with 4 teens, just want to add that the 'true' ski in-ski out apartments of which you are looking at are The Vale (brand new for this upcoming season), Alpen Ridge and First Tracks apartments all located at bottom of Family Ace Pair chair which gets you up the hill as an acess lift but great also for beginners. Virtually 100m walk to many great restaurants and bars. From those apartments its just great to see the action on the slope especially at night as skiing goes until 9pm. And nice to eat in when you are too tired to leave the apartment! However teens don't usually mind walking a bit in ski boots - only the parents! I can vouch for all Hokkaido Tracks properties and their service, mostly they get it 99% right. Have a great time, we'll be there in January.